Thread: EXPLORER.EXE corrupted or infected

EXPLORER.EXE corrupted or infected

I am using this desktop computer from last 4 years and i have never faced this kind of issue on this computer. I have installed a latest version of windows that is windows 7 os. When i try to open my task manager then i get an error saying that task manager was disabled by administrator. I think some programs are being running in back ground of my computer but as i am not able to see the task manager, I can not see the processes. I think there could be something related to an EXPLORER.EXE, is it got corrupted or infected?

Re: EXPLORER.EXE corrupted or infected

I have given you the way by which you can recreate an explorer.exe on your computer. First of all go to the Task Manager and click on the File and the New Task. No type regedit in Run box and press OK. Now browse to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution.options" and there will be one subkey named as explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe. Delete the explorer and iexplorer so that it should not be there under the Image File Execution.Options key. Now restart your computer.

It might happen that an explorer.exe have got corrupted by some viruses on your computer system but as i have given you the link from where you can download the Norton Anti Virus which is a good software which can detect all the types of viruses on your computer including the latest one. Click on the name of NORTON to download it.

I think the user account by which you are starting your computer system is a normal one and if you want to do some changes in your operating system then you must log in as an administrator which has all the rights about customizing the windows operating system installed on your computer. Once you have installed as an administrator then it would become easier for you to create explorer.exe from the task manager.

If there is any virus infection has happened on your windows 7 operating system then i think you have to install your windows operating system again as it have got infected by the viruses. Click HERE to download an Avast anti virus which helps you to detect as well as remove all the infected files from your computer but make sure that if you have got explorer.exe as an infected file then do not remove it. First try to repair it and if does not works then you might remove it but you must be knowing that how to create it.

Its a simple solution which might solve your problem of explorer.exe file. Go to the WINDOWS folder from the C: drive or whatever driver has the windows os. Then search for the exlorer.exe file which has a computer icon and NOT a folder icon. Now you have to copy that folder and paster there only which will make "copy of explorer.exe". Then rename it whatever you want but the extension should be an exe. Now type regedit in the RUN search box from the start menu. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon. There will be "Shell" so double click on it and rename the "explorer.exe" with the file you have created just before some time. Now restart your computer.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's