Thread: Ubuntu Mail Notificator

Ubuntu Mail Notificator

Hi all,

I am using Ubuntu operating system. I can add Gtalk in Pidgin instant messaging account, select "New Mail Notification", this software will periodically check for new messages. One will be new messages appear in the main interface of Pidgin results. But i will not found my gmail notification. Any idea. Please reply.

Ubuntu Mail Notificator

For users who use Ubuntu, you can download the DEB format, but in fact this software has joined the majority of Ubuntu's update source, so you can try to use apt-get install gmail-notify try (lupamirror is already included Other sources have not tried). All the best.

Re: Ubuntu Mail Notificator

After installation the gmail, the software will be in the "Applications / Internet" menu and create a starter, software setup is very simple to submit their own Gmail user names and passwords, and set several parameters such as inspection intervals can, however, pay attention to the browser column starts to fill in the correct order, such as "Firefox". Try that and reply.

Ubuntu Mail Notificator

The steps to install mail notification are
    (1)Execute the command sudo apt-get install evolution-plugins mail-notification mail-notification-evolution
    (2) conversion file version here
    Code:
    cp / usr/lib/evolution/2.24/plugins/liborg-jylefort-mail-notification.so / usr/lib/evolution/2.26/plugins/liborg-jylefort-mail-notification.so
    cp / usr/lib/evolution/2.24/plugins/org-jylefort-mail-notification.eplug / usr/lib/evolution/2.26/plugins/org-jylefort-mail-notification.eplug
    (3) The third step is to change the file reference path
    Code:
    gedit / usr/lib/evolution/2.26/plugins/org-jylefort-mail-notification.eplug
    location = "/ usr/lib/evolution/2.24/plugins/liborg-jylefort-mail-notification.so"
    (4) Evolution-editor to open the fourth step - plug-ins - Enable jean-yves lefort's mail notificaton.
    (5) Go to right icon (in the Panel's prompt) - Property-generel-add - (I chose the evolution and which Inbox to a folder, it is like to select only the Inbox is no prompt).
    All the best.

Google's Gmail e-mail notification of official development software is not Linux, so long I've been using Pidgin to detect the message. You need to check the Pidgin's Gmail e-mail detection. Add Gtalk in Pidgin instant messaging account, select "New Mail Notification", this software will periodically check for new messages. One will be new messages appear in the main interface of Pidgin results. Check and reply.

Dr. V Guest

Ubuntu users in the installation process is very simple: Execute the command sudo aptitude install checkgmail. Users of other distributions please go to official websiteTo download. After installation, use Alt + F2 to run the call bar, and enter check gmail. Now you can see the system tray which Gmail the emergence of a gray icon. Click the right mouse button to be configured. Username and Password in the user name and password from there. Ubuntu users do not find in the English Language, where a, Ubuntu is not with the source inside the Chinese. Select the 24 hour clock, where to set the time display for 24-hour clock. Check and reply.