Thread: Loading Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell Inspiron 2650

Loading Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell Inspiron 2650

Hello,
    I try to install Ubuntu on an Inspiron 2650, the install starts correctly, for once against arrived on the screen X, that is cut and there is a central part that I do not see. I have read most of the documentation of ubuntu installation, but none of them are working. So, if you have any solution for this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Loading Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell Inspiron 2650

Hello,
    Are you with the LiveCD or alternate CD? Which version of Linux you try to install 6.10, 7.04 or 9.10?? gives us a little more precision information so that we can help you. Try with the alternate CD (text mode installation) see what AC can already give, a fair if not display when? arrival on the desktop of gnome? before the splash screen? Is this your problem during the installation.

Installing Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 2650

Hello,
    Even i do have a similar kind of a problem. From the splash screen, the screen is divided (a large beige strip runs vertically through the screen on which nothing is displayed) and display the screen again just after the band. The fact that the I can not install ubuntu because I can not see the windows as they are all cut. It's really just a display problem I think, because it seems to roll level functionality perfectly.

Re: Loading Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell Inspiron 2650

Hello,
    When you come to the screen from GDM (login for you and where you see nothing) is Ctrl + Alt + F1, you should fall on the console, the counterparts you and you can try a
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure-xserver- xorg
    Just issue this command in the terminal as a root user and see if it works for you. And if you get an error while issuing this command then post that error.

Installing Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell

Hello,
    If not for the stories of CD before, I currently have a problem with the 7.4 that the install with the alternate cd hangs on launch USB ports, I get a boot on the livecd and install but the startup hangs the same thing. So board on Edgy (well I think it's a kernel problem but good). So I will try to upgrade the kernel and then install again. Lets see what happens.