Thread: How to do NICECAST setup for MAC OSX LEOPARD

How to do NICECAST setup for MAC OSX LEOPARD

I want to get the setup, which is shown, in the above images. I have searched for this information but I am unable to get the answer for that. The setup is looking like that it is from the older version of the operating system. Any help related to NICECAST setup for MAC OSX LEOPARDtopic would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to do NICECAST setup for MAC OSX LEOPARD

I was also suffering from the similar problem but now I got the solution for this. For solving this problem I used the shoutcast’s server. Belive me it is the best compared to the other for Nicecast setup. Now I am able the stream and also got some listeners. If anybody is having problem with the streaming and using the Mac operating system use NiceCast.

I use iTunes to the Nicecast and have the port 8000 open. Currently I am using the Mac operating system. I mean the same setup which is shown in the above picture but with the password. I have tried to edit the “sc_serv.conf” in the Textedit but have the doubt whether I am doing it correctly or not. I am having the 'sc_serv' open in 'Terminal' and I have done this before starting the NiceCast broadcast.
    But the server can not be reached.

You can run the sc_serv by going into your terminal and then type typing. /sc_serv config.conf where "config.conf" is the actual name of the config file you are using. After that you have type this command from the root directory in which the binary resides. The complete path to sc_trans would then be /users/djmikespeed/SHOUTcast/. Hence, you could start the server by opening terminal and then typing /users/djmikespeed/SHOUTcast/ ./sc_serv config.conf

After following the above steps if you are getting some errors then you should
    Go to Applications then to Utilities and then to Activity Monitor

Now under the activity monitor, you have to select "All Processes" and then manually kill every process with the name of "sc_serv".
    You are getting this error because of something else is running on that port.