Thread: Close RivaTuner after changing the driver's settings

Close RivaTuner after changing the driver's settings

Can I close RivaTuner subsequent to changing the driver's settings. Determines the tweaks have a consequence in this case. And what regarding the low level overclocking. Determine it work if RivaTuner is not loaded at Windows startup. Where do you get info regarding the entire these tweaks. Are you running at NVIDIA. What is RTD database and how can I use it.

Re: Close RivaTuner after changing the driver's settings

Yes, of course. The entire driver's settings are stored in the registry so you are able to securely close RivaTuner or even eliminate it from your hard drive, but the tweaks determine to still run. It's not essential to load RivaTuner at Windows startup in order to be appropriate the changes you have made. The merely alternative which require RivaTuner to reside in memory are the 'Restore clock frequencies subsequent to suspended mode' and low level refresh over rider module. The power users might in addition desire to maintain RivaTuner resident in order to use built-in registry editor's and low level diagnostic module's tracking characteristics.

Yes, it determines. The merely condition is not to eliminate RivaTuner's folder from your hard drive. The RivaTuner adds itself with the command line switch to the auto run registry key when you facilitate several low level settings (e.g. overclocking or color improvement) at Windows startup. When this command line switch is particular, RivaTuner loads itself at Windows startup, executes startup daemon (the process that configures startup settings depending on the settings you have made) and unloads itself from memory instantaneously.

I am a professional programmer and invalidate engineering is my hobby so I basically rip the info from the drivers using SoftICE, IDA and a number of supplementary additional tools. You be able to search them on internet there are various tools. No, I am not working at NVIDIA. I am immediately a discontented owner of NVIDIA display adapter and I desire to get the entire from your hardware and its' drivers.

The RTD database is presently the list of registry entries, which you are able to view and edit via the built-in registry editor. The RivaTuner uses. RTD files to accumulate info regarding the registry entries, used by a driver. The dissimilar driver versions utilize different sets of the registry entries, stored in dissimilar registry keys, so the information in sequent for every driver version is stored into a separate database. The database for every driver version contains the register of registry entries used by this driver. The defaulting values and descriptions for every registry entry are in addition included in the database. You do not create any changes in your registry when you are opening innovative database in RivaTuner, you presently load the list of registry entries, which be capable to be modified via the built-in registry editor.