Thread: Should I use manufacture recovery disk or the one I created

Should I use manufacture recovery disk or the one I created

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running on Windows Vista. Some time before I had installed Windows 7 on the first partition leaving the recovery partition behind. I had also created a Recovery DVD disc from the recovery manager. Now after using Windows 7 after a while I want to revert back to Vista due to some slow performance issue. But I am confused here. Does the Recovery disc created by me will restore my original software or I need to get the same from Toshiba.

Re: Should I use manufacture recovery disk or the one I created

It is not necessary to get a new recovery manager disc from Toshiba. The DVD which you have created via recovery manager is the clone of your primary hard drive. This will restore your same original windows and will work smoothly. You can run the recovery from that and restore your factory settings. But this will wipe out all your data and additional partitions in your system.

The recovery disk created from the recovery manager is exactly the same disk which you will going to receive from Toshiba. So there is nothing new in that. Only the difference will be, the new disk from Toshiba company might have some additional updates for your PC. The license of operating system remains registered on your name. So you can just run the setup.

Toshiba laptops have dedicated system keys to run the recovery manager. A clone copy of entire operating system remains in the system partition. You can even use the same for factory settings than using the disc. There is nothing new to it. I think you have to press the 0 button with the power on button and then the recovery manager runs. Try this once.

There is nothing new in using the recovery disk. It is same as what you get with the laptop. So you does need to worry for the same. You can use any disc which you have created by using the recovery manager. Or else just run the recovery from your Start Menu. Don't forget to take a backup of your data because your laptop will restored to the factory settings.

It actually does not matter weather you use any operating system on your Toshiba laptop till you have the recovery disc or the recovery CD with you. So here you have a chance to get your old operating system and settings back with drivers in it. But if you have loose the same then there is no way of using a fresh Windows installation or contacting Toshiba for a fresh recovery disc.