Thread: System Restore Completely wipe computer Back to factory

System Restore Completely wipe computer Back to factory

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite l455-S5975 laptop. Recently due to virus issue I decided to restore my factory settings of laptop. For this I had use the Recovery Manager from the Start Menu directly for running the restoration. What is happening here that after running the factory settings wizard my laptop reboots and again the same process runs. This has happened many times. How to fix this.

Re: System Restore Completely wipe computer Back to factory

Did you have created a recovery disc by using the recovery manager. If not then that was the only way you can run the factory settings properly. It happens many times when the factory settings tool is not able to perform the function properly. The restoration fails and due to that it keeps on running to replace those missing files. You have to run this from a bootable disc.

That is right. If you have a recovery disc then that is might be a bit easy by which you can restore your computer. Otherwise let the process to run for sometime. If still it not all working then you have to manually format your computer with Windows bootable. Install Windows and then install the driver manually. But here you will not be able to get your factory softwares.

It is due to Based Recovery Process. Either your primary drive which as the operating system is corrupted or your recovery partition. So due to that you are not able to restore your computer software properly. Now there is no way of restoring your system. You will have to perform a fresh installation of your operating system by booting it from Windows disc.

I think there are bad sectors in your primary drive. Due to which the recovery manager is not able to properly install the OS. You can do one thing here. Try to contact the Toshiba Support and ask for a recovery CD for your laptop model. It is available there. You can ship the CD and then run the recovery operation from it. This can make your PC work.

This happens when your hard drive fails or the recovery manger is corrupted. The procedure there remains incomplete and you are not able to run the Windows operating system properly. The same has happens on my laptop where my restoration settings does not complete fully. For this I had use Windows disc to perform a manual installation.