Thread: Full Scan Run Time

Full Scan Run Time

I am using a custom made desktop installed with windows 7. Recently i have installed Kaspersky antivirus application. Which was running absolutely fine till yesterday when i updated the data base. After which when i tried to scan the system using Kaspersky. It takes a lot more time around three hours. Please tell me how to decrease Full Scan Run Time.

Re: Full Scan Run Time

To get rid of this problem i would suggest you to go to the Start Menu and then open Control Panel. In the control panel click on the Administrative tools there select services. In the services window stop the indexing service and disable it. After this apply the settings and restart the system once.

Open up kaspersky, and check your license. If it's Still valid, You May Have One of two issues. A very slow or intermittent internet connection will also delay or Hamper Any update. Even with dial up however, you would Still be Able to update Eventually. Try to check your internet connection and call the internet service provider if it is not working properly.

The Kaspersky running slowly is the problem since your system is slow Much of slow PC is not due to PC hardware, it is usually the result of a combination of factors. Too auto-starting programs, spyware running on the bottom, RAM inadequate. So if you try to disable all the unwanted processes which are running in the background.

Try the steps which i have mentioned below in order to get rid of this problem

• Download and install the Windows uninstaller utility.
    • Remove the Kaspersky antivirus from you system.
    • Then download the fresh copy of Kaspersky antivirus once again.
    • Update the virus definition and scan this time the time preiod would be decreased back to normal

Some virus's do disable anti-virus's. Have a tidy little Kapsersky That application runs Alongside Their Other products. It is Called KLWK. It is a free application, Though it is limited in What Can detect. It goes for virus's that render impotent Kaspersky products. I would suggest you to download and install KLWK application on your system to resolve this issue.