Thread: Problem with samba in Win 7

Problem with samba in Win 7

Hello,
    The computer is running now with my mother in Windows 7, with a shared printer. On my PC, Windows 7 as well, I can perfectly access the printer. However, Gentoo, not open any Samba share ... So no printer. What bad timing, I used Windows rather useless except for games, the only time I need the printer is when I'm on Gentoo.
    First test: the ping. I manage to ping the PC from my mother without any worries.
    Second test: open smb: / / / on Nautilus. Until then, it passes, I posted two groups.
    Third test: open one of two groups. There is obviously nothing Nautilus ...
    Fourth Test: open smb: / / 192.168.1.50 (IP of my PC motherboard).
    I think there is a problem with samba server in Windows 7. If you have a solution for this then please let me know.

Re: Problem with samba in Win 7

Hello,
    At home I had this problem until the day I reinstall windows on another pc and I have a password, so you can always try to put an mdp sessions on your mother only time test to see if that makes any plant and retry the fourth test. Have you tried this, if not then i recommend you to try this first and if you have any problems then do post back.

Hello,
    Even i do have a similar kind of problem with the samba server. I had not thought of putting a password. I just tested the same with his login / mdp Windows Nautilus always wonder this info loop: /. I just tested with my laptop, Windows 7 too. The account name is identical to my account under Gentoo. Without password, still can not get rid of the login window. With the same password, I can access shares. But when I use a different password.

Hello,
    It is not possible that you can send 2 messages (requests input mdp) in different way. One to enter the password of the Windows user, the other to switch to root (In Ubuntu they call it "keychain access" if I remember correctly). Suddenly when the two are necessarily the same there's no problem. I think there should be a problem in your configuration file. Have you checked the configuration file. Is this correct?

Hello,
    Yes, I did too, it's strange that it works with my login / mdp Gentoo, I agree, but no, the dialogue is really always the same, although it asked the Samba domain and so every time : /. I really do not understand why when logins / mdp Unix / Windows are the same, I manage to connect, but not in other cases. So, if you have any other alternative then please let me know.