Thread: Is Hyper-V R2 performance better than VMware Workstation 7?

Is Hyper-V R2 performance better than VMware Workstation 7?

Hi everyone,
    I want to know which is the better performer, Hyper-V R2 or the VMware Workstation 7? Since my cousin is deciding about that things, I thought that asking you guys could be helpful. Since I am not having much idea about them, I am requesting you guys to provide some useful information about the same. Also tell me is Hyper-V R2 performance better than VMware Workstation 7? Any other suggestions related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: Is Hyper-V R2 performance better than VMware Workstation 7?

VMware Workstation supports Windows 7, 3D graphics and more features for the development and testing. VMware has officially launched the availability of its Workstation product 7, the supply of standard for desktop virtualization. 7 Workstation supports Windows 7, 3D graphics, and many other features. Becoming ceaselessly toward a new approach to professional development, VMware Workstation enables truly transform the analysis test, demonstration and deployment software side.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

VMware Workstation include :
    • Support Windows 7 : VMware Workstation 7 is optimized for maximum performance on a machine 32 or 64 bits.
    • 3D Graphics Support : Supports 3D applications including Windows Aero, DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 in Windows virtual machines.
    • Design features for professionals : Developing and testing new integration with the IDE for SpringSource Tools Suite and Eclipse IDE for Java & C / C + +.
    • Advanced virtualization capabilities : In 32 or 64 bits, up to four CPUs and 32 GB of RAM dedicated to each virtual machine.
    Whats my name again? I spend so much time looking at code i fogot my own name ahhh!

Workstation 7 is intended primarily for developers and other professionals who need to run multiple OSes simultaneously, including the new Window 7, 32-bit or 64 bit. The new software supports Flip 3D, Aero, DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1. A virtual machine can now use up to four virtual CPUs, two cons ago, and 32 GB of memory instead of 8 GB for the old version. VMware also think programmers and integrate SpringSource Tool Suite and the Eclipse IDE for Java and C / C + + to its development environment. Specifically, it is possible to run code from these sources on a VM Workstation 7. The hypervisor is also capable of storing more problematic code and run it automatically to help the developer to facilitate its resolution.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

VMware Workstation 7 thus comes with an interesting list of new features, but that do not surprise those who follow such developments Fusion. The latter, a client virtualization public for Mac OS X, has indeed evolved rapidly to accommodate the requirements of a certain type of users for whom the company was not necessarily used to. Version 3.0, just released , thus takes on additional guest operating systems, with particular support for Vista Aero and Windows 7.

I think that Workstation 7 would be the great option. Here are a list of key additions :
    • Full support of Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit editions, with support for Aero
    • Support for DirectX 9.0c, Shader Model 3 and the OpenGL 2.1 in Windows virtual machines
    • Ability to encrypt a virtual machine entirely in AES 256-bit
    • Supports automatic printing from Windows and Linux virtual machines without any addition or driver is needed
    • Ability to pause a virtual machine to free up CPU resources according to the needs of the host machine
    • Integration with development environments such as Visual Studio or Eclipse for software testing
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.