Thread: How to allow standard user to run program with admin rights without prompting for password

How to allow standard user to run program with admin rights without prompting for password

I have upgraded to windows 7 recently and as i need to run an application which requires administrator. This application needs to be run with the regular users too without the administrator rights. When i try to run this application using a limited account it gives an access denied error. Please tell me How to allow standard user to run program with admin rights without prompting for password

Re: How to allow standard user to run program with admin rights without prompting for password

It is not possible to give a standard user the right to run an application which requires administrative rights or privileges. I think you will have to create a new user account with the administrative privileges since you cannot provide a regular user some administrative privileges. Hopefully this would have resolved your issue.

Re: How to allow standard user to run program with admin rights without prompting for password

To resolve this error you need to be more specific on your problem since you have not mentioned your point somewhat more clearly and hence i would request you to post the query once again and this time with some more details. it would be better if you mention the application which you need to run on your system.

Thanks you very much for the reply but i am not able to get rid of this problem i have an application which i want all the user using the desktop to use but this application requires administrative rights since i have checked it running as a standard user and it gives an error message that states access denied. please help me in this regard.

I think you should use Run As for the respective application you simply need to right click on the application and then select Run as administrator this will help you to run the application without the administrator rights. Also do not for get to check the box for "run with different credentials" this should definitely help you.

I got here looking for a similar question but i got it working somewhat and here is how.
    First from the admin account while setting the parental controls you have to check the boxes that have anything to do with the program you want to run in a standard user profile...enabling the standard user the access to those programs.
    Then, still in admin profile, right click on the program icon in question and select properties, on the compatibility tab click the last box that says 'run this program as an administrator'.
    This will enable you to use the program in the standard profile but every time you run it in the standard profile it will ask you for the admin password. Which is what i want to get rid off. but as long as you input the admin password the program will run in that profile.

For this you will need to learn about the user policy and rights. There are certain options which you can block and allow. Usually Windows chooses the most appropriate settings that are needed. This becomes much easier on Windows server because the chances of customization is much more optional. There are some ready to use tool also which provides you the same support.

I know this thread is a bit old, but there is a way to have users run programs that require administrator priviledges.
    Use ACT - Application Compatibility Toolkit. There is a video here that shows exactly how to solve this issue. The download for ACT is here.

Hope this helps,
    David
    Windows Outreach Team - IT Pro

Thank You WinOutreach4.