Thread: Hyper-V / VM mixed up VHD files

Hyper-V / VM mixed up VHD files

Hello everyone,
    I am using the Hyper-V on the Server 2008. I have attached VHD while virtual machine was running. I want some more information about the Hyper-V / VM mixed up VHD files. Also sometimes I have faced another problem. While mounting a hard disk file Virtual Machine file (. Vhd) as a loop device in Windows Server 2008 there was some error to users while accessing the virtual machine. Please help me to sort this issues.!!
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Hyper-V / VM mixed up VHD files

Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 helps you manage virtual infrastructure using the improvements that come with Hyper-V within the operating systems Windows Server 2008 R2. Quick Migration With Storage, compartments support volumes (third-and cluster shared volumes), Storage Area Network (SAN) migration into and out of the hosts that form the cluster and expanded support for iSCSI SANs, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 and Hyper-V provides a dynamic virtualization platform for all business-critical applications.
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case

The first option was to go and see the snapshots of virtual machines, but none have had any active turning could be nothing more than that to grow so fast, so we take a look at snapshots default directory "C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Hyper-V \ Snapshots "and voila, two 118Gb files and a 48GB, but for nothing a brief look at technet, and verify that the problem is that only done the mix (merge) when the machine is off, so we had a good idea, it's just matter of waiting and ready.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

Export the machine to a disk with enough space, delete the machine and the vhd, and re-imported into the disc space. On the machine that we have the problem we chose the option to export. Then ask us where we want to export the virtual machine, the export needs of course to be a record where we have enough space. We chose the unit, and the system takes care of the export move all necessary files, configuration, VHDs, snapshots (instantaneous), etc. except that the configuration xml files will be changed to. "exp."
    "All gave some, some gave all."

At the end of the path we have said we have all the data exported our machine available, and the original machine where it was. It is time to clear and free space. Once deleted from the import option of Hyper-V let you regain your machine. Ojo, before importing files put all the machine where we want to stay, for example I use to export the path "v: \ vms \ export" and I do not like the production machine is well, somewhat better as "V: \ VMs" and moving the files, and we're going to import. Next we seek the path where the files are, an eye for what we are asking is the directory where the virtual machine files, for example, if we did not move the machine directory, and export to "V: \ VMs \ export "so we have to choose the directory V: \ VMs \ export \ MACHINE."
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

You mount a hard disk file Virtual Machine file (. Vhd) as a loop device in Windows Server 2008. This problem occurs if you mount a file. Vhd as a loopback device using the Hyper-V Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) API. To enforce security of the contents of a file. Vhd that is mounted as a loopback device, use one of the following methods :
    • Set permissions on NTFS file system files and folders in the file. Vhd mounted.
    • Use a separate server to which virtual machine users do not have access.