Thread: Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name

Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name

A very unusual problem has struck my system. The situation is that Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name. I am not able to understand why this is happening because there were no issues while I was working with Windows Vista, that is the previous operating system that was running in my computer. I am waiting for solutions to get rid of this issue.

The version of Windows 7

Hello there, please mention the version of Windows 7, that you are using because it will be better to provide the solutions then. If it is not a full version, then this is main cause why Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name because the trial versions of the operating systems are not seen to support all the features that are provided by the full version.

Re: Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name

If Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name, then there is no need to worry. Another simple method to edit the files are as follows:
    • Go to the mp3 file.
    • Then, right-click the same.
    • Now, click on properties.
    • Here, you will get an option to edit information like Title, Artists and Composers.

Activate the trial version

As mentioned in one of the above posts, if you are using a trial version of the Windows 7 operating system, then an issue like Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name can occur. You must activate the trial version inorder to get rid of the problem. Using this method is helpful in many ways because all the future problems in the system will be also eradicated.

Scan the system with a well updated antivirus

There is a necessity to scan the system with a well updated antivirus, since it seems that there is some sort of malicious activities that are going on within the computer. Better than an antivirus, I recommend to use an anti-spyware, that will be able to monitor all the activities that are going on within the system. Windows 7 does not allow to edit information in mp3 files like artist name because some kind of threat is blocking you from doing do. The anti-spyware will solve the issue.