Thread: Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites

Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites

I was very happy with the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system that I am using in my system. But ever since I have enabled the automatic updates in my system, I am facing a terrible problem. Actually, Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites. As I have not faced any such issue in my system before, I am not aware as to how to get rid of the same. Hence, please provide the possible solutions inorder to eradicate the problem.

A system restore will help

If the problem is being encountered since, Windows 7 automatic updates have been started, then a system restore will help to solve it. Doing a system restore will take the computer to a previous time because of which all the changes that had taken place in the computer will be rolled back and the system will become as the same it was before. No websites will be blocked after that.

Turn off the automatic updates

Hello there, the best and simplest solution to get rid of the problem that Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites is to turn off the automatic updates. Just remember that after you have done a system restore, as mentioned in the above post, you must not turn of the automatic updates again. This is because the problem could start again after that.

Dr. V Guest

Safe Mode with networking

If Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites, the start the computer with the help of the option for Safe Mode with networking. You will get this option before the operating system loads. Press F5 to get the same. I am quite sure that the issue must be solved with the help of this option because this is an option, that can be used to solve any problems that are encountered with the network of the system.

Turn off any additional firewall in the system

It is recommended that you must turn off any additional firewall in the system, if Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites. The settings of the firewall may not be allowing to open any of the websites. If the technique is working, then get rid of that particular firewall and install any other firewall in the system. The problems in the system need to be caused because of some specific action done by the user.

Scan the computer for infections

Hey, I guess that you must scan the computer for infections, if Windows 7 automatic updates have blocked websites. There may be some kind of trojan in your system, that may have taken control over the option of automatic updates and when, that is being enabled, the websites are being blocked automatically, as the infection is programmed to do.