Thread: Turn on BitLocker.... not in Right click menu

Turn on BitLocker.... not in Right click menu

Hello, I am having Dell D820 with 32 bit Windows 7 Ultimate Edition installed on my computer. If I select the C drive by right clicking on it, I get the option of the Turn on BitLocker. If I check on the Control panel, then also I am able to get the option for the Bitlocker Drive Encryption. But, if I check this option for the USB drive, then I come to know that the option is not available. I want to get that. What is the reason behind this. If you are having any suggestions then please provide that to me.

Re: Turn on BitLocker.... not in Right click menu

Hello, I was also searching for the same solution. I have tried to use the turn on Bitlocker for my memory stick. Then I simply make use of the bit locker from the different computer and then simply it gets turned on and then I simply again turn it off from my computer and after that now if I am trying to turn it off then I am not able to get the solution for my problem. If you are having any solution on this, the please provide that to me.

Dr. V Guest

Hello, this is not the problem. Simply it depends on the setting from your BIOS. If your BIOS is set to start the BitLocker from the Hard Drive, then it will simply start from it, and that is why you are getting the Bitlocker on over your each drive. But, as you are not getting the bitlocker on over your memory stick you are not able to get the solution for your bitlocker for the memory stick. So, you need to perform the setting in your BIOS for this.

Hello, for solving your this problem you must need to perform the Clean Boot of the Device from the steps below:
    • Select the Start button.
    • Then search for the devmgmt.msc.
    • Now simply expand the "Sound, video and game controllers".
    • Open the properties of your sound card.
    • Then in the Device Usage you will get the option of the Do not use this device (disable) where you need to select and click on the OK.
    • Do this for all of the other hardware which are giving problem and then restart your system.

After disconnecting the USB devices you need to use the steps below:
    • Select the Start Button and simply search for the Device Manager the Search bar.
    • Now you need to open the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and simply right click on the Host Controller.
    • Then click on the "Uninstall" and click "OK".
    • Similarly uninstall the all of the "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
    • Restart your system.