Thread: Low/Critical battery action (running a script) for Windows 7

Low/Critical battery action (running a script) for Windows 7

Hello Guys,

I am having computer system with Windows 7 operating system. And I have to discuss one of question regarding this Windows 7 functionality. I want to be aware that, Is it possible to configure Windows 7 operating system in the way to execute a program or batch file whenever the computer system is switched over the battery power or whenever reaches critical threshold. If you know any method to achieve this task, then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Low/Critical battery action (running a script) for Windows 7

When you configure power options for the active (current) power plan in Windows Vista or in Windows 7, the changes are not reflected on the System Settings page in the Power Options item in Control Panel. This behavior does not occur if you are currently using the default, or "preferred," power plan. The preferred power plan is specified in the registry. This behavior occurs because the settings that appear on the System Settings page are derived from the registry settings for the preferred power plan.

Power settings for Low/Critical battery in Windows Windows 7 operating system is basically related to the power plans. The 'power plan' is nothing but the collection of system settings as well as the hardware settings that basically manages power uses of you computer system. As per my knowledge the Windows 7 operating system is integrated with default plans in the way to manage your computer's power.

It seems that you need to use something third party tool for to apply any procedure for your computer system whenever it switches to the battery power. According to me you won't get any inbuilt functionality in Windows 7 operating system for to trigger the specified action or batch file when you uses the battery power for your computer system.

You need to use the ACPI event mechanism in the way to trigger the script for low or critical battery. But I think the ACPI mechanism doesn't work over windows 7 operating system, so you will need to install the windows Xp operating system for the same. This mechanism is designed to receive the battery events whenever battery running low. Basically this type of events are related to the bash scripts.