Thread: Why is Windows 7 Sleep Mode so hapless that it REFUSES to go back to sleep after a WHS backup?

Why is Windows 7 Sleep Mode so hapless that it REFUSES to go back to sleep after a WHS backup?

In my home infrastructure I am having a WHS with 3 current clients. All clients are tradition built personal computer systems. Each computer is running a different operating system. We have an XP SP3 client, a Vista 64 Business client and now my workstation which has been upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

WHS runs it backup in the night 12 midnight and 1:00am. The XP and Vista clients wake up and after that they do their thing and go back to sleep. The Windows 7 client wakes up, but does not goes to sleep but it stays up.
    Can anybody help me with this issues of Windows 7 Sleep Mode so hapless that it REFUSES to go back to sleep after a WHS backup

Re: Why is Windows 7 Sleep Mode so hapless that it REFUSES to go back to sleep after a WHS backup?

May be this happning because window 7 operating system is still communicating with the WHS even after the making backup on the system. You can do the following thing for finding out which process is preventing your system from going to sleep. You can use this command for doing this.
    “powercfg –requests”

This will let you know the problem with you window 7 operating system.

Re: Why is Windows 7 Sleep Mode so hapless that it REFUSES to go back to sleep after a WHS backup?

Thanks for the suggestion you have given I have used the powercfg –requests command as you have said to search for the process which having problem with the window7 operating system but it did not shown which can be helpful . This what I am getting
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
    An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.

AWAYMODE:

Well you can go in the balance power mode for solving your problem. May be you are using power plan which is not compatible with the system you are using. Try to change the power plan. Basically there are three power plan which you can use in window 7 'Power Saver', 'High Performance' and 'Balanced'. I am suggesting you to choose the balanced plan to solve the problem.

Yes you can use the balance power mode for solving your problem but if you are concerned with the high performance. Then you must see that how long you have set the machine to sleep. Because if you have set it to never then your window 7 will never go to sleep, so change the sleep mode manually.