Thread: Hyper-V Activations

Hyper-V Activations

I have recently installed the Hyper-V Server 2008 in my desktop computer system and i want to activate this but the problem is that i dont know how can i do this because i do not have the activation key of this product. So where can i get the activation key of the Hyper-V Server. Can anyone will help me out in Hyper-V Activation. If anyone already done it then provide me information bout doing it.

Re: Hyper-V Activations

You are having the desktop and you have installed the Hyper-V Server 2008 in your desktop computer system. You are not having the Activation key of the Hyper-V an you are in the search of that only. I think you have installed the free available download version on the internet. So i think you will have to search for the activation key by yourself.

I dont think so you have to activate the Hyper-V. According to me you only have to activate the Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 of your desktop computer system. Well the Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 is very long and it is very difficult for me to mention it over here. But i am providing you the link for the procedure of the Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 activation. So refer this.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...ctivation.aspx

I will advice you to purchase the copy of the Windows Server 2008 R2 for your desktop computer system. With the purchased copy of the Windows Server 2008 R2 you will get the product key for activating the Windows Server 2008 R2. After that you can install the Hyper-V and use it your desktop computer easily. So this will resolve your problem. I hope that it will work for you.

Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 is a stand-alone product that provides a reliable and optimized virtualization solution enabling organizations to improve server utilization and reduce costs. Since Hyper-V Server is a dedicated stand-alone product, which contains only the Windows Hypervisor, Windows Server driver model and virtualization components, it provides a small footprint and minimal overhead. It easily plugs into customers’ existing IT environments, leveraging their existing patching, provisioning, management, support tools, processes, and skills. Some of the new key new features that are available in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 are live migration, cluster shared volume support and expanded processor and memory support for host systems.