Thread: USB mouse not recognized on Windows 7

USB mouse not recognized on Windows 7

I have a laptop which works on Windows 7 Home premium operating system which has created an error statign that "error: USB errors while trying to install a Microsoft USB mouse on this laptop". The microsoft USB Mouse which is installed perfectly first time and it worked for a week, and after that it failed. After that when i look through the system restore points, it tells that there is two driver updates for the USB environment. After that i tried to unplug the USB mouse, used the Device Manager to delete the 'unknown device', and also done a system restore but nothing helped me out, still getting the same error. Please help me..

Dr. V Guest

Re: USB mouse not recognized on Windows 7

If the problem is not solved then i think you need to try this usb mouse with some other computer which should have Windows 7, and then you make out the diference of what is causing the problem. If you want then you can also try to re-install the driver for the usb mouse and also you can check out the driver update for your mouse on the official website and on some other website and then try it.

As you have said, i think if it shows an error of unknown device on your laptop then it is sure that there is a problem with the mouse driver. Which means that the controller of the USB can't get some information from the piece of the hardware. This driver is being used for the mouse which is either a driver provided by Windows, or one that comes with the Windows Update for that mouse.

It can also be the problem with the hardware which is in the bad state. I think you need to power off the machine and then disconnect the mouse from the laptop after that pull the battery from the mouse and let it be for about fifteen minutes. After that you need to connect everything up again with the laptop and than try to use the mouse with your laptop, i think the problem should be solved.

I was able to solve this problem by doing the method like by pulling the battery from the laptop for five minutes. After that reinstalling the battery in the laptop, rebooting, and then plugged in the wireless USB dongle. I got a popup of window which told me that it was searching for the appropriate windows driver, but i saw that it looked and searched it on the internet and than it came back and prompt that the new hardware is ready to use. So try this method and i hope you can solve your problem.

I can say that if the problem is not solving ans giving you the error always whenever you try to connect usb mouse on your laptop. I think you need to check out the update for the driver and also you need to see the system requirement in respect to your operating system. Also if you want to use it then you can also do the format of your computer and then re-install back Windows 7 and after that you can see. I think the files relatred to it has been corrupted.