Thread: MDAC 2.8 Installation Problem with Windows 7 64BIT

MDAC 2.8 Installation Problem with Windows 7 64BIT

Hello, I am having Windows 7 installed on my computer which is having 64 BIT. I have tried to install the MDAC version 2.8 on my computer and then come to know that it is not accepting the setup and giving me error message as the Not Compatible With Current Operating System. I am not able to understand the exact reason behind this problem. If you are having any details for installing the MDAC 2.8 on Windows 7 then please provide that to me.

Re: MDAC 2.8 Installation Problem with Windows 7 64BIT

Hello, I am also getting the same problem. I have downloaded the MDAC 2.8 from the Microsoft website and then while installing it on my computer it is giving me error message. I am not able to understand the exact reason behind this, if you are having details about it, then I will be thankful to you. Is this problem of the setup or it is the problem of the operating system. How to get solved this problem. Please help me also.

Dr. V Guest

Hello, I am not having installed the Windows 7 on my computer. But, I have got the details for your MDAC 2.8 troubleshooting. If you want to get solved your problem then you can simply make use of the link below and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. It is just needed to make use of the solution from this link and simply solve the problem which you are facing for the MDAC 2.8 installation on your Windows 7 64 BIT. So, simply click on the link below:

Troubleshooting Windows DAC/MDAC

Hello, you are getting the problem for installing the MDAC 2.8 on your Windows 7 as you are not having checked the System requirements. MDAC 2.8 would not support the Windows 7. So, simply check the System Requirements below:

• Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows XP
    • Available for x86-based computers only

Hello, you would not able to install the MDAC 2.8 on Windows 7. And I am not getting the reason for which you want to install the MDAC 2.8 on your Windows 7. As your Windows 7 come with the MDAC as an component which will be already installed in your Windows 7. And it is having greater version than the one which you are trying to install. So, simply don't worry about the MDAC 2.8 installation as it is already installed in your computer. But, it is integrated with your Windows 7 with the name of the WDAC. But, if you are having problem with the WDAC then you can solve that problem with the help of the Microsoft help center.

Hey, I was also getting the same problem while installing the MDAC 2.8 on my computer. I was needed to install it one of the application which I want to install need to have the MDAC 2.8 on your computer. So, I try to install it and fail to do that. Then I simply updated my computer with the HofFixes and different updates from the Microsoft and then simply restart my computer. And then I try to install the same application and it got installed without any kind of error message. So, if you are having any kind of similar issue then simply update your windows and get your problem solved.