Thread: Getting ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT While Moving A File

Getting ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT While Moving A File

Hello to all. I am having Windows 7 Operating system installed on my computer. I know that there are many tools available which will simply make use of the tempfiles for developing the new file and then simply uses the MoveFileEx for moving that file to the folder where the original file is exist. Sometimes it may possible that it will be done more that one time and due to this the error ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT will be given by the operating system. But, I don't know why did I am getting this error message. If I try to use that file in other operating system then it will provide me error message as the ACCESS DENIED. What is the reason behind this. If you are having any details about it, then please provide that to me. I will be thankful to you.

Re: Getting ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT While Moving A File

Hello, such kind of error message would be given by operating system if you are moving the file which is not read by the system. That means there must be some of the problem in that file. So, if you want to solve your problem then you must need to make use of the either creating the new file or simply using that file from the new location. That means you can simply use that file by copying that file to any other location and get solved your problem. So, simply make sue of it and get solved your problem.

Hello, the problem which you are facing it the problem of the regression which most of the time occur in the Windows 7 if you are having the NTFS file system. As this issue is occur when the file is renamed by the superceding which is having an atomic oplock on it. And if at the same time if your explorer is making use of that then you will get suck kind of error message as the STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT or the Error_File_Corrupt. As that volume is marked as the dirty. So, this is not the permanent error message. You can simply solve this problem after few minutes.

Hello, if you are getting the error message as the ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT While Moving A File then you can simply solve your problem by making use of the steps below:
    • Click on the Start.
    • Now you need to click on the Run.
    • In the Run box you need to enter the command as the "Chkdsk".
    • Now let completed this setup.
    • Then you need to restart the computer.
    • Done.

Hello, I would suggest you to simply copy that file to the any other location and then you will able to get your problem solved. It is just needed to make use of the new location which will simply solve your problem. After that you need to also update your operating system which is Windows 7. If you update it, then you will able to get the new fixes for the problems and loopholes which are fixed by the Microsoft and get the problem solved. It will increase the speed of your operating system.