Thread: cannot install Windows 7 in Boot Camp on iMac

cannot install Windows 7 in Boot Camp on iMac

I am not able to install Windows 7 on iMac using the boot camp solution software. I have also tried to get support from the microsoft technical and apple techincal department but none have helped me so far. The problem is the black screen appearing whenever trying to load the installer disc and rebooting the pc. Can anyone help me sort out this problem, thank you.

Re: cannot install Windows 7 in Boot Camp on iMac

Did you make sure that on your iMac pc, all the firmwares are updated properly because it is very much important before installing Windows 7 using boot camp trick. The iMac Firmware Update 4.1.9 will only run on iMac computers with slot-loading CD or DVD drives running Mac OS 9.1 or later from a local drive. If you are using Mac OS X you must boot from a local Mac OS 9.1 or later writeable partition (not a CD, or network disk) prior to following the update instructions. Download it from here.

If this problem is occuring due to iMac pc iteself then Windows has nothing to do with it and therefore you will be able to get a better support from the Apple support site, you just need to contact them. You can first always try to install the latest driver, hardware support from their and after an update try to install Windows 7, hope that helps.

Which version of BootCamp are you using because if you havent already used Boot Camp 3.1 version then I strongly suggest you to do so. The main purpose of Boot Camp 3.1 update is to add support for Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate), it’s also a bug fix update. Listed as fixes are:

• Fixed issues with the Apple trackpad
    • Turns off the red digital audio port LED on laptop computers when it is not being used
    • Adds supports the Apple wireless keyboard and Apple Magic mouse

Boot Camp 3.1 32 bit
    Boot Camp 3.1 64 bit
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

When installing Microsoft Windows 7 on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) using Boot Camp, a black screen may appear. This can happen because the Windows 7 installer does not include the necessary graphics or Bluetooth drivers for your Mac.

If you are upgrading from Windows Vista, you'll need to use the Apple_Win7_Upgrade_Utility before starting an upgrade install.
    The files are contained in a .zip file. Double-click it to expand it.
    Connect your USB storage device or SD card.
    Note: Your USB storage device must be connected to the back of the iMac directly and not to a keyboard or other non-high-powered HUB.
    More information here.

I have also tried to install Windows 7 Home Premium on my Mac pro with the Boot camp assistant and set up a Windows partition on my drive. So I inserted the OS disc and restarted the mac and it booted fine from the CD but then I got an message telling me that Select CD-Rom Boot Type:_" and I am stucked? If I try to press any keys nothing happens? Any suggestion are welcomed.