Thread: Getting the duplicate MAC addresses on Hyper-V host

Getting the duplicate MAC addresses on Hyper-V host

Hello everyone,
    I have tried to solve the problem of duplication of MAC addresses but I am not succeeding. I have installed Hyper-V Server R2, so that it would be possible for me to run the failover cluster for my virtual environment. Hyper-V server seems to be replacing the true MAC address of the second port of each card with a MAC. I am fed up of this issue. So please give me some solutions for duplicate MAC addresses on Hyper-V host.

Re: Getting the duplicate MAC addresses on Hyper-V host

Windows Server 2008 R2 provides powerful improvements to Hyper-V including increased availability, better management and simplified deployments. The new version of Hyper-V also includes a attractive feature called "migration dynamics" (Live Migration). It have to move virtual servers between physical hosts data center without the users do not receive a time out. The department may well restructure the data center according to need, without interrupting the flow of essential working.
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Each virtual machine has its own MAC address. You can specify a range of MAC addresses you want to be used. For specifying the range of the MAC address, you can use the settings of the virtual machine to assign a specific MAC address. When you add Failover Clustering the behavior is as you describe - when you cluster an application, but it should not be this way for a VM. Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V builds on the architecture and feature set of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and assistant to new features that significantly improve the flexibility of the product.. Destroy the cluster and run the setup wizard again and be sure that the Hyper-V role is installed before creating the cluster.
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V adds valuable new features to those provided in the first version of Hyper-V. For example, through migration dynamics available in Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, the performance of virtual machines can be migrated from one physical computer to another. You can add or remove items from storage on a virtual machine when running. In addition, Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V operates more on the physical computer equipment through better management of CPU and hardware.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

Virtual Server by default to connect to :
    • an internal network dedicated solely to the virtual machine comunication between them.
    • a physical network adapter of the host that makes the virtual machine "visible" from outside.

These 2 solutions are not satisfactory, one can not communicate with the host and the other involves the use of a dedicated physical network interface that must connect to the network with a network cable.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Windows Server 2008 R2 includes three new features that enhance the performance of the application network in the virtualization environment. Support for Jumbo frames, previously available in non-virtual, has been extended to virtual machines. With this function, virtual machines can use jumbo frames up to size certain size, if the underlying physical network allows. Support for Jumbo frames reduces the the network stack processing induced by byte and increases throughput. In addition, the use of the unit Central is also reduced significantly due to the lower number of calls between the battery network and the network driver.