Thread: How to change Hyper-V Settings using WMI?

How to change Hyper-V Settings using WMI?

Hi friends,
    I want to change the "Virtual Machines" property in "Hyper-V Settings". I want to change this settings with the WMI. But I am not having any idea of such WMI.!! So thought that you guys would provide some useful information about it (as usual ). Please explain me how to change Hyper-V Settings using WMI? Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: How to change Hyper-V Settings using WMI?

Windows Hyper-V technology is, and you-can combine it with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Windows PowerShell, Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK), and Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) 2.0 to enable full -scale deployments at the blink of an eye-or at least requiring much Without Attention. You might find it interesting to look at the installation screens and progress bars while deploy and configure the systems themselves, but you do not have to do this if things you have more important on your list.
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core @ ~2.2 GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 200 GB
    Video Card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

One of the Advantages of deployments of WDS for Hyper-V Is That WDS simplifies updating the Windows Server 2008 installation media, Which Is NECESSARY Because only half the original includes a pre-release version of Hyper-V. The current release version is available as A Separate update on the Microsoft Download Center. Even if you're deploying a test environment for a customer with two domain controllers (DCs), a computer running SQL Server, SharePoint two front-end servers, an Exchange 2007 Mailbox server, Hub Transport server, and a Client Access server, it's going to take a lot of effort.
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Hyper-V Provides a scalable, reliable, and Highly available virtualized server computing environment. It Enables one or more guest operating systems to run CONCURRENTLY were single physical computer. Key uses for virtual machine technology include the Following :
    • Server Consolidation
    • Consolidation of development and testing environments
    • Simplified disaster recovery
    Whats my name again? I spend so much time looking at code i fogot my own name ahhh!

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Allows system administrators to consolidate SchoolNet Separate hardware servers to be a single server running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 as the host operating system. Another advantage of the virtual machine environment is in. testing and support. New server and system configurations can Be Tested and Deployed in parallel with the Existing System Without requiring Costly downtime during the rollout phase. Each virtual machine can setup to Be Utilize VARYING configurations while running was standard platform to Produce Better test results. With support for older Operating Systems, one can rest and test legacy hardware, systems and applications. Snapshot support the flexible loan you Afford to take a snapshot of a virtual machine's state so you can return to A Prior event if needed.
    Desktop * Athlon X2 4200 | 2048M RAM | 160G HD | 7600GT
    MacMini * G4 1.33GHz | 512M RAM | 40G HD | Radeon 9200
    Laptop * Sempron 2800 | 512M RAM | 60G HD
    PDA * Dell Axim x51 | 128M Internal | 256M SD Card

The WMI provider for virtualization and the hypervisor API enable developers, and scripters, to Quickly build custom tools, utilities, and enhancements for the virtualization platform. The WMI interfaces can manage all aspects of the virtualization services. Each hosted virtual machines of the runs in STI Own Separate and isolated virtual environment. This Allows the administrator to manage Easily, provider for, and hairpins large numbers of virtual machines while Reducing the Need to run multiple hardware solutions in order to Utilize various products and operating systems.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Hello All,

Hyper V is new for me could you some one tell me where I download WMI API for Hyper V.

Thanks you everyone in Advance.

Wajahat

Quote Originally Posted by waji View Post

Hyper V is new for me could you some one tell me where I download WMI API for Hyper V.
    The Hyper-V WMI APIs are publicly available here:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...92(VS.85).aspx

To reiterate: the WMI APIs are the preferred interface to managing Hyper-V while the Hypercall APIs are for very special purpose low-level work like IDE/debugger development. Microsoft Hypercall Interface:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en