Thread: Automatic Updates deletes file in Windows 7

Automatic Updates deletes file in Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have an internet connection enabled at home. The problem is that the automatic updates are been turned on and it resulted that the files from my system is been deleted. It is been happened after the automatic updates are been done and installed to the system. Please help me out to sort the issue. I am clueless. Thank you.

Re: Automatic Updates deletes file in Windows 7

The issue that you are facing would basically not happen. This is because the Windows update never deletes user data. It is a strange issue that you are facing through. I would suggest you to scan the system with a good antivirus tool. It may be some threat that is affecting the system. o do look out for the thing that would make the issue to be sorted.

Try to perform a system restore. That would then help you out to look out for the thing. It would be better that you perform the action and then install the applications one by one. I hope this would then help in making the issue to be sorted. So do check out for the thing by performing the task that is been mentioned. You may get through to the same.

The system restore option is a better choice for figuring out the problem . All you need to do is to follow the steps as mentioned bellow:

• Click on the start button
    • Go to the programs option
    • Now open the accessories option
    • Now to the system tools option
    • Open the system restore option

You need to mention the date accordingly when the system was working fine.

It would be better that you run a scan check method. Use Quick heal total security antivirus application tool that would help in sorting the issue. This would then help in making the that to be detected and thus it would then be eliminated from the system. Now after the scan check is been done you need to look out whether the issue still occurs.

This is basically the problem with a threat or issue that may be affecting the system. It is not possible that Automatic updates would cause the problem. You may check out for the issue to the Windows that may be causing the same. Remove the operating system that you have installed or perform a clean install. Now reinstall the Windows and scan the system. This would then sort the issue.