Thread: Cannot restore BKF files in Windows 7

Cannot restore BKF files in Windows 7

Hello Guys,

I am totally confused with one issue of windows 7 operating system. I have to restore BKF files in Windows 7 operating system, but didn't get any success in it. I have tried many solution for this task, but nothing was helpful. If anyone know the solution to restore BKF files in Windows 7, then please me aware about the same. I would really appreciate your any help over this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Cannot restore BKF files in Windows 7

While restoring the BKF files in Windows 7, you will definitely get errors that doesn't enable you to restore BKF files using NTBackup.exe. Following are some of them errors which occurs during restoring BKF file:
    • An inconsistent error was encountered.
    • You cannot back up specified data.

I think you need to use the 'SysTools BKF Repair Tool' to restore BKF files in Windows 7 operating system. This is one of the most effective MS BKF Repair Tool in the way to repair broken BKF files. These file is basically created with MS Backup Utility or ntbackup.exe. This tool enable users to recover all of the vital documents files from BKF files which are inaccessible .

I suggest NTBackup for to restore BKF File, see following steps use for the same:
    1. First you need Run the 'NTBackup.exe' file.
    2. Then will get Backup or Restore Wizard page, then click over Next.
    3. After this click over Restore files and settings.
    4. Then click over 'Browse' and locate 'BKF' file which you have to restore and click over 'OK'.

According to my information in windows 7 operating system, the restoring BKF files from older NTBackup is doesn't supported. I think same restoring issue of BKF file is occurred in windows vista operating system also. The cause behind this is that the NTBackup utility is not completely compatible with windows 7 operating system. I hope you will get something idea from this information.

john_mayer1981 Guest

Use these steps to open BKF files in windows vista or windows7:

1: Create a folder somewhere, named it NTBackup .

2: Copy these 3 files into the NTBackup folder: ntbackup.exe, vssapi.dll, ntmsapi.dll.

3: Run ntbackup.exe

4: Catalog the backup file

probably these steps help you to read your ms bkf files.

If these steps do not work then may be your catalog files get corrupted but corruption of catalog did not severely affect the recovery capabilities of any software.Catalog files are required just for proper restoration of backup data using NTBackup.There are tons of software in the market related to BKF recovery

Dr. V Guest

Well that is really a very good information that you have provided. Will try and check out for the thing. I have the same issue and will let you know if these works.

Use these steps to open BKF files in windows vista or windows7:

1: Create a folder somewhere, named it NTBackup .

2: Copy these 3 files into the NTBackup folder: ntbackup.exe, vssapi.dll, ntmsapi.dll.

3: Run ntbackup.exe

4: Catalog the backup file

probably these steps help you to read your .bkf files.

If these steps do not work then may be your catalog files get corrupted but corruption of catalog did not severely affect the recovery capabilities of any

software.Catalog files are required just for proper restoration of backup data using NTBackup.There are tons of software in the market related to BKF recovery , one of

which is one of which is SysInfoTools BKF Repair. Click this link abd get the software to recover data from corrupt bkf files.

Good luck.

idea Re: Cannot restore BKF files in Windows 7

Hello Archer,

I have used this SysTools BKF Repair software and it worked for me and successfully restored my windows bkf in windows 7

and i am very thankful to SysTools

You can try this tool, Hope it will work for you too...

All the best

alanlisa Guest

Hi,
    You may use some professional tools to restore your BKF file.Here are some BKF file recovery tools that may help you.

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

richerdey Guest

Hello Guys,

I am totally confused with one issue of windows 7 operating system. I have to restore BKF files in Windows 7 operating system, but didn't get any success in it. I have tried many solution for this task, but nothing was helpful. If anyone know the solution to restore BKF files in Windows 7, then please me aware about the same. I would really appreciate your any help over this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

As we know Windows BKF file allow us to restore files, if users become faces data loss situation in there Windows computer. But if BKF files get corrupted due to any causes of data loss problems. This situation you need to repair your BKF files using an advanced third party BKF Repair software which helps you to repair your files easily and restores your all important data.