Thread: Media Sharing between PS3 and Vista

Media Sharing between PS3 and Vista

I am suffering from troubles which is closely related to the sharing techniques between two different platform. I am running with windows vista and wanted to share my media with my ps3 with my computer(windows vista).
    Is the ps3 even compatible with windows vista as I have seen the xbox 360 is able to detect the windows vista components as well as Windows media player library can be accessed easily by xbox so ps3 can also do the same thing ?

Thanks

It is possible man and you can configure it very easily on windows vista and some changes are also needed on the PS3 side.Be ready with all connectivity and lets start the steps to configure it.

On Windows vista :

1. Make sure the firewall is installed and set up properly.
    2. Be sure that PS3 and PC are within the similar IP address range and subnet mask for proper communication.
    3. Make sure that any software firewall, has the important configuration to allow WM Player to communicate out for UuNP. If you are going with the Windows Firewall and enable sharing for WMP, WMP will make the necessary changes to Windows Firewall.

Now you are going for some advance changes between both platforms so just move to the PS3 and make disable the Media Server Connection on the PS3.

On your PC

• Make sure Windows Media Player is working and if not then install it.
    • Move to the services.msc or "Computer Management", and change the account that Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service was using before. convert it into "Local System account" but "Allow service to interact with desktop" left as it is and UNCHECKED. Restart this service.
    • Click on Options=>Library=>Configure Sharing and check mark the "Share my media to option:
    • Now click on the Settings
    • specify something that you need to use for share media as and leave the default settings.
    • Don't click on the "Allow new devices and computers automatically".
    • Click on OK to redirect on to the main properties screen.
    • Click on the "Monitor Folders" button.
    • It would be up once depends on how you have your computer set up.
    • Get it WMP create the library up, and let it properly finish.
    • Click on OK and Verify your library.

Dr. V Guest

Now it's time to come on your PC and make the last change which is beyond the advance changes.

1. Now you have to make some changes from the side of WMP and it does not compatible to detect the PS3 so it will be seen as an unknown device and in case If it not then ......
    1. Click on Options
    2. Click on Library
    3. Click on Configure Sharing and if things performed exactly, you should see an "Unknown Device" Icon.
    4. Open up the icon and "allow" it and perform whatever else you understand important like customize or right click on the Icon for extra properties.

On your PS3:

2. Move to Media choice in the XMB (Pictures, Music, Video), and inside each perform a "Search for a Media Server."
    3. Once it get detect the Media Server for each selection, you can see on your computer show up with the funky "Windows ICON" and the name of the WMP share you created.

If you are getting any problem related to configuration and all then you should always look for the services in the windows vista operating and you need to make some configurations to enable that.

After all if you are getting any issues then don't forget to leave the comments for this post and above steps which is posted by the member as a guide and tutorials for those users who are not able to get connect with the PS3 to WM player.