Thread: XCOPY command in bat file doesn't run as scheduled task

XCOPY command in bat file doesn't run as scheduled task

Hello, I am testing one of my test folder for copying the files from other server. I have tried to perform this, but I am not able to do it. I am having one server with the Windows 2008 and another with the Windows 2003. I am able to execute that XCOPY command in a 'bat' file, but when I schedule the ‘bat’ file as a scheduled task, I am not able to get the solution. So, if you are having any solution for this, then please help me.

Re: XCOPY command in bat file doesn't run as scheduled task

Hello, you must need to provide the command, so that it will be possible to check whether you are having problem with the command or due to some or the other any issue. So, simply provide the command which you are using currently and then I can able to know whether you are having problem with the command or you are not getting that due to some server problem. So, just provide that command.

Hello, I think you are making use of the scheduled script file for your Scheduled Task Wizard and that is the problem due to which you are not getting the solution when you make use of the command at the server end. So, you simply need to make use of the mapping of the drive. As if you check the Xcopy command then you will not able to get the solution from the URL. So, simply use the mapping of the drive which will allow you to solve your problem.

Hello, It may be possible that you are making use of the command which is redirecting the output of the batch file to another path. Or you are doing something from which you are setting the batch file which will simply run the actual batch file while executing the batch file. So, you need to redirect the output to check the working of the command which you are using. So, simply do this.

Hello, I would suggest you to make use of the rechecking of the XCopy command and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, simply make use of the right command and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. It will simply solve your problem and you will able to get the output which you want. So, simply do it.