Thread: Entire System Stops Responding in Windows 7

Entire System Stops Responding in Windows 7

I was previously using Windows XP on my pc but now completely removed it and installed Windows 7 on it. The installation of Windows 7 went smoothly till some time. But later when I came from my college I started my PC and after 5 minutes realised that my mouse was not functioning. I thought it was a mouse problem but later on found out that my keyboard was also not working. So I just restarted it and still got the same problem. So I guess this is a hardware problem rather than relying on some software problem. Can anyone please tell me how will I boot in the OS? Thanks
    Fear is only in your mind, Dont Let It Overcome You.

Re: Entire System Stops Responding in Windows 7

Have you installed any software's lately which is not supported by your operating system and causing the freeze. Try to boot in safe mode and from their try to disable all video drivers and any different hardware drivers that you can which could be not at all necessary for windows to run. It happened to me once and I did the above and my problem got solved, hope that solves you issue as well.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

There is an article on microsoft that describes the same issue when you upgrade to Windows 7. When you try to upgrade your computer from Windows xp to Windows 7, the upgrade process stops responding indefinitely. To fix this problem use Fix it. Additionally you can get many sort of solutions to fix this issue, just go to this link. Hope that helps

You can also manually fix this problem incase you dont want to go online, so try the below procedure mentioned:

1. Restart the computer. Then, your computer will roll back to Windows Vista.
    2. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
    4. Under System variables, click New.
    5. Type MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS in the Variable name field.
    6. Type IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll in the Variable value field.
    7. Click OK three times to close the dialog boxes.
    8. Start the upgrade installation again.

It is definitely the upgrade problem that you are facing at the moment. It maybe even a case that you might have downloaded non-legit build of Windows 7 from some torrent sites that isnt released to the public yet but for private users only which could be at fault. In any case you can perform a clean install of the official version or Windows.

Did you by chance have SATA configuration on multiboot configs and the Windows 7 version which could be the issue that is lately being discussed by many users, that actually effects the boot up or shut downs for these pc's? In that case you can add some Sata drivers that could give support to your hard drive and the OS in use, you might want to visit Technet cause there has been a numerous numbers of talks going around for the same.