Thread: Error - Bad BIOS checksum starting BIOS Recovery

Error - Bad BIOS checksum starting BIOS Recovery

Hello,
    After a long period of time that is for about 2-3 months I had not touched my computer, I was using my laptop. So, when I came back the monitor screen was completely blank and gave me an error saying that there is a bad Bios checksum and starting bios recovery. I tried many time to reboot the system but can not move forward from the blank screen. So, any help on this is appreciated.

Re: Error - Bad BIOS checksum starting BIOS Recovery

Hello,
    Even I have a similar kind of a problem with my computer, though I do not use that computer much but I need to sort out the problem. I also tried changing new the CMOS battery but even that did not fixed the problem. The problem is that I can not even the beep or the post from the computer and there is no signal on the monitor. So, it is really hard to do any thing with out this.

Hello,
    I think that your mother board much have some problem. If this is not the mother board problem then it can be a CPU or PSU. Just from looking at the computer you can not say any time, it is difficult to say that. I think mostly this problem must be due to the mother board damage because you are not getting any screen display and even you can not listen a beep from the computer. I think you should check you mother board.

Hello,
    I had a similar kind of a problem with my computer, when I came back from my work and tried to start the computer it showed me a blank screen with the bad bios error. After few days I repaired my mother board, but still the problem was the same. Finally I replaced my mother board and then started my computer, it works fine now. I think this is the problem of the mother board, you should change and see the mother board.

Hello,
    I had a similar kind of a problem with my computer . So I changed the mother board of my computer and then tried to start the machine, but unfortunately the problem is the same still. So, now I think this can be a processor or the PSU problem. I have no idea about this problem, it is really difficult to say what is wrong with the machine, is it a hardware problem or is it a software problem.