Thread: Acer Aspire 5532 touchpad is not working with windows 7

Acer Aspire 5532 touchpad is not working with windows 7

Hi everyone, I have purchased an Acer Aspire 5532 laptop which came originally installed with Windows Vista operating system. But now I have formatted my laptop and upgraded with windows 7 operating system and I am facing some problem with this laptop. The issue is that the touchpad of this laptop is not working under windows 7 but when I attach external mouse then it is working properly. I want know why this problem is occuring and how to resolve it, please help me?

Re: Acer Aspire 5532 touchpad is not working with windows 7

Have you tried checking with Acer support for updated drivers for your Acer laptop? Just check the link below and download the appropriate drivers for your laptop:

Acer - USA - Service and Support
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

Acer - Drivers and Downloads - (You will have to set the operating system to Windows 7 after visiting the Acer Aspire 5532 driver page.)
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Acer - Worldwide
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html

I have checked the Acer support website for driver download and it seems to me that there is no Touchpad driver available for your Acer version. There is only one with a fingerpring reader and other is with nothing. So, you will have to ask the Acer Support team for the availability of the touchpad drivers for Windows 7. Other than that you can also try to use the Synaptic Touchpad drivers and see if that works, link is here - http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers. There is also another Touchpad used for that same model which is ALPS, you can use it as well.

i went to the acer system through the start button. i reviewed the functions of the different buttons and found the touchpad toggle light's on. i pressed and it went off. touchpad was back to life.simply

ashokdabee --- I am experiencing the same problem as you and notice that both blue lights are on near the touch pad. My touch pad will not work; however, in the control panel under "mouse settings", touchpad is enabled. Can you tell me specifically how you fixed your problem with the touch pad. I would greatly appreciate your help!

I have a MSI laptop and also faced touch pad problem 2 to 3 times. But i was able to fix it simply by downloading / installing the proper drivers. You should try the same as well. Simply visit this page, select the operating system and download and install the drivers. Once done, reboot the system and you will be done.

The touchpad is located on the left side of the power button and just along the wireless switch. it lits up (magenta) if its disabled.

very simply put, just take a good look at your power button at the base of your screen. there shd be 2 bottons on either sides of it. the one on the left shd be lit if your touch pad is not responding. just press it and the light goes off. wallah!!! touch pad responds again. thanks for all your help. i was close to smashing this laptop on the floor after tinkering with it abt 3 hours and just couldnt figure it out. even a system restore could not get it. you just saved me the price of another laptop...

I added the registry key to disable touchpad when mouse plugged in.
    Re-booted and computer said touchpad disabled (mouse still plugged in).
    Removed mouse and keypad was working !!