Thread: Sound issues with Asus P5pl2-e for Window 7

Sound issues with Asus P5pl2-e for Window 7

My computer works on a Asus P5pl2-e motherboard. Earlier I have been using Windows Vista. No issues were ever noted with it. With the availability of Windows 7 I also have purchased it and installed on my computer. But after installing the operating system I have noticed that there is no sound output at all. How to fix this problem?

Motherboard Driver for Window 7

Have you tried updating your motherboard driver after installing Windows Seven? Because this was what I had to do. I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Seven. And after the upgrade was done I had to face a number of problem with my machine. One of which was the sound issue. Updating the motherboard driver helped me overcome all the issues. So you may also try the same.

Check the Speaker connections

The reason can be the physical hardware connectivity. Check if the cables the speakers are properly plugged in. If you are using a 5.1 channel speaker like I have check if the adapter of the speaker is properly plugged in its socket on the spy-guard. Some times if the adapter is not plugged in proper you would not get any sound output from the system.

Keyboard Volume key

My I-Ball keyboard has a key which helps me control the volume of the system. Check if there is any such similar key on your keyboard. It can be that the volume is extremely low or probably turned off. Thus before trying any other steps my recommendation is check the volume level. Check he same with the system volume which is displayed in the system tray in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Fresh Installation of Window 7

I am also using a Asus motherboard, but I am not aware of its model number. All I know is that it has an onboard graphic support of 256 MB and also supports DDR-2 RAM. It has an AMD Phenom processor fixed on it. But I have not faced any such issues after installing Windows 7. Incase you have gone for an upgrade from your previous Windows operating system to Windows 7 then my suggestion is that you go for a fresh installation of Windows 7. Hope this works well for you.

Re-install Window 7

Check if the sound card is working or not. Because from your description it seems to be that the sound card might have gone bad. You may also try to fix the issue by re-installing Windows 7 again by discarding the earlier installed copy of Windows. Many times for a number of issues this works well.