Thread: Will M Fast File Locker work with Windows 7

Will M Fast File Locker work with Windows 7

I want to know that will M Fast File Locker work with Windows 7 because I will be upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system soon. Currently, I am using Windows Vista operating system and I use the above mentioned software to lock my files very easily and fast. But, I do not know the operating systems that it supports. Please help me with all your suggestions as soon as possible.

Re: Will M Fast File Locker work with Windows 7

Hello there, I guess that M Fast File Locker will not work with Windows 7 because only the following mentioned platforms are supported by that particular software:
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 2003
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Windows Vista Enterprise
    • Windows Vista Home Basic
    • Windows Vista Home Premium
    • Windows Vista Starter
    • Windows Vista Ultimate

Run the hardware and software evaluation tool to know whether this software is compatible or not with the particular operating system. You will have to first install it in Windows 7 and check out for the same.
    Last edited by jesse; 24-03-2010 at 11:48 PM.

M Fast File Locker will not work with Windows 7 directly. You will have to search for the compatibility tool for this software from the internet. After getting this tool, install it before you try to install the software in Windows 7. All the necessary compatibility settings will be done by that tool and you will not face any issues while running the software in the Windows 7 operating system.

If you will do an upgradation to Windows 7, then M Fast File Locker work with Windows 7 will not work with the operating system. I can assure you this because many of the users who have done an upgradation are facing incompatibility issues with many applications and programs. But, doing a clean install of Windows 7 will be better, that you will have to format the system and then do the installation of the operating system. You will not face any problems then.

I suggest you to set the operating system in the compatibility mode, so that M Fast File Locker will work with Windows 7. You will have to do it when the particular application runs. So, use the option of troubleshoot compatibility for this purpose. You will have to use the recommended settings or specify the problems manually. If you find that the application is running fine after that, then just apply the settings for the future.

Here are some of the alternatives that can be used if M Fast File Locker does not work with Windows 7. I have found them from the web and they seem to work fine with the Windows 7 operating system:
    1. Lock Files and Folders 2003 1.4
    2. Gili Exe Lock 1.5.4
    3. Minos Lock 1.6.7
    4. LockEXE 2
    5. Lock Folder
    6. Gili File Lock 3.2.5
    7. Encrypt my Folder 1.2.0