Thread: Fixing Windows update error 800719E4

Fixing Windows update error 800719E4

Hi,
    I am not able to install the update which are downloaded by Automatic update. I had set the update settings as manual install. When I tried to install a new update a error appeared denoting Windows update error 800719E4. The automatic updates ends with this error. How to fix this error and what are the causes of this updates. Does this is a corrupt update. I am using Windows Vista right now.

Re: Fixing Windows update error 800719E4

As windows update automatically install most of the updates. This is a common issue to many computer where your automatic update database is corrupted. But there is a other way of dealing with this. You can go on the official site of Windows Vista and download this updates manually. That will make this work properly without any error. Try this and check back again.

I was trying to download the .msu files for the those failed updates. But wen I installs those updates and then reboots the same, the computer shows up the same updates installation is pending. I had manually added those update so accordingly this message must not come up. I am also not able to figure out the cause behind this fail installation.

You can try to repair the updates. You will for that have to locate the windowsupdate.log file. This file has list of all new and installed updates in your computer. You can edit this file and rename those updates. Some bit configuration in this can fix the matter. But this is not sure that it will permanently fix the update issue. This solution does not works all the time.

I am too facing a similar issue with 2 recently downloaded updates. I am getting the same error message. I am not able to figure out the reason behind this. I had recently upgraded my system from Windows XP SP 1 to Windows Vista. Everything worked well and after two months the error comes up. I am too looking forward for the similar solution.

After a upgrade some program fails to work. So it is better suggested that you must remove them. You can do here one thing. First click on Start and type control panel. And then go to Add Remove program. Search for Install Updates here. You will get the list of all Windows Updates installed in your computer. Now you can remove those update which you don't want and then re-install that again.