Thread: Installation problem in Mandriva 2010

Installation problem in Mandriva 2010

Hello,
    My computer was running Windows XP Pro and Linux Mandriva 2010 multi-boots, only after a problem I reinstall Windows. I just can not install Linux, when I install Mandriva 2010, it puts me after a while "fatal error finishing initialization and hangs completely with the requirement to manually restart. I visit several topic and tutorial for installing Linux but does not really help me to solve problems themselves. I know that is not my cd installation because I check with MD5, I think, and it worked very well the first time. Any help on this topic is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Installation problem in Mandriva 2010

Hello,
    You have to reinstall windows, but did you format your Linux partitions. If you did not, then format downloads and serious Super grub disk Once done, you boot the cd you made and you need to reinstall grub. If you have the format, are you sure the CD is not damaged? If it is damaged the you can try a new cd for the installation purpose. Hope this solution works for you.

Hey,
    Even I have a similar kind of a problem and i can not install Mandriva and windows , that is the dual boot up. The Linux partition or format as for the installation of the system such as Windows and Linux should install Windows first then Linux. Because Linux is a program that allows to choose the boot between it and Windows (if I understood correctly). For the cd is on it is not damage this afternoon I install a friend's house and to work properly from start to finish. Any more help on this topic is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Not normally formatting partitions does not change. I still find this odd. Do you use a rewritable dvd? because there are many problem which are caused by the rewritable dvd. You can change the dvd writer and see if the installation works. For installation I know it's a lot of downloading. But if it does not work with that you'll download it with another distribution thereafter just to see what happens.

Hello,
    I have tried what you have said above, but non of the solution work for me. I think the problem was with my scores because I do not have a single NTFS. So I used "EASEUS Partition Master 4.1.1 Home Edition" to create a FAT32 partition more adapted to Linux (though I always understood). But even here nothing to do Linux always stops with "Fatal error finishing initialization to finish. Do you think formatting old Linux partition that Windows is bad conduct. Also at each launch of Windows I have the file "C: \ WINDOWS \ system32" which appears on my desktop and from the beginning. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    Thank you for your help but I download and burn and it will still not settled. So I install the Ubuntu version that my brother was download and install it correctly. So I do not know where its coming, but it does not matter I'll keep Ubuntu for the time to familiarize myself with Linux. I do not know where the problem comes with Mandriva 2010 and hope that someone gives me the answer. Thanks for your help in advance.