Thread: No audio in Windows7

No audio in Windows7

Hello, I have a desktop computer which had Windows XP operating system on it. The computer used to work properly in Windows Xp. Recently I have upgraded the operating system on the computer to Windows 7 and I am facing some issues with the operating system. There is No audio in Windows7. It does not detect any of the headphones or audio device which is plugged into it. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions/solutions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: No audio in Windows7

I think there must be some problem with the Windows operating system which is installed on your computer. Operating system of the computer has lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files of the operating system is corrupt or missing on the computer, then the operating system will not work properly. Therefore if you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using then insert it in the drive and then boot the system from the drive. When the installer loads, select the Repair windows installation option and let the procedure complete. Check if the computer is working properly after the procedure is complete.

Check if the drivers for the sound adapter are installed and working properly on the system. All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the sound drivers are installed and working properly, go to device manager and click on installed sound adapters. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. After troubleshooting procedure the sound will work properly.

The problem which you are facing can be due to the motherboard which you are using. Motherboard controls all the functions which are performed by the computer. It is also responsible for all the logical decisions which are taken by the computer. If the motherboard of the computer is faulty then the computer will not work properly and will give rise to the problems which are similar to the ones which you are facing. Therefore get the motherboard of the computer checked and replace it if it is found to be faulty. Once the motherboard is replaced, you will not face the same problem again.

The earlier releases of Windows 7 operating system had many compatibility issues with many of the manufacturers of the devices. Due to this incompatibility issue, many of the devices do not work properly in Windows 7. The main reason for incompatibility issue is unavailability of drivers. Therefore I will suggest that you visit the official website of the manufacturer of the motherboard and download the latest sound drivers for the model of the motherboard which you are using and which are supported by Windows 7 operating system. After installing the latest sound drivers, all the sound devices will be detected.

I think the audio output of the computer is put to mute due to which you are not able to hear anything. Sometimes the audio devices are automatically put to mute when the device is disconnected from the system. Check if the sound device is put to mute or not. To check, click on start menu and then click on control panel. Select Sound and devices tab. Now click on Speaker volume and uncheck the mute box. Keep the range of volume to be high. Once done save the settings and see if the sound is working.