Thread: How to edit, create or delete a mode of Power Management in Vista?

How to edit, create or delete a mode of Power Management in Vista?

Hi everyone,
    I am using the Windows Vista as operating system. I want to know about the power management that we use in Vista. I want to know about the editing, creating and deleting a mode of the power management. I have searched a lot for the option that can help me in doing that, but I didn't find anything.!! So please tell me how to edit, create or delete a mode of Power Management in Vista? Hope that you understood my point and will help me soon.!!

Re: How to edit, create or delete a mode of Power Management in Vista?

A method of power management is a set of hardware and system settings that manage how your computer uses and conserves energy. The modes of power management can save energy, maximize system performance or establish the balance between energy conservation and efficiency. The modes of power management default-Balance, Energy saving and high performance - responsive to the needs of most users. However, you can change these settings to existing patterns or create your own profile.

Re: How To change the parameters of a single mode of Power Management in Vista?

You can change the following parameters for modes of power management individual. Configure your computer to automatically obtain standby after a specified period of inactivity. To open the Power Options, follow the steps :
    1. Click the Start button.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Click System and Maintenance.
    4. Then click on Power Options.
    5. Under the edit mode, click Change plan settings.
    6. On the Change plan settings, select display settings and standby to use when your computer is running on battery (laptop only).
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

In Power Options, some of the links that appear in the left pane open System Settings. The changes on this page are automatically made to all your modes of power management. By changing the system settings, you can perform help protect your computer by requiring a password to unlock the computer when it wakes from sleep. Choosing how your computer when you press the buttons on / off and standby or part of your laptop or, with some laptops, when you close the cover. For example, when you press the power button, the computer can either do nothing or stop. If the computer supports sleep modes, and hibernation, press the power button can also put the computer in one of these states of energy savings.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

You can create your own fashion and customize to suit your needs. For example, if you frequently use a laptop to give presentations, you can create a profile that keeps the display turned on during the presentations and ensures that your laptop stays awake.
    1. Open the Power Options.
    2. In the left pane, click Create a new power management.
    3. On the Create method of power management, select the mode that most closely matches the type of profile you want to create.
    4. In the Profile name, type a name for the profile, such that "Presenting", then click Next.
    5. On the Change plan settings, select display settings and standby to use when your computer is running on battery and mains.
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case

If you use a laptop, your management style appears under Methods included on the battery gauge. If you use a desktop computer, your management style appears under Methods favorites. The mode on which you based your new mode is moved and displayed in additional ways. The mode you create automatically becomes the active mode. To make another active mode, the selected mode. If you have created modes of power management that you no longer use or that you no longer need, delete them. You can delete any of three modes of power management by default (Balance, Energy Savings and High Performance). You will have to keep in mind that once a profile is deleted, you can not restore it.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.