Thread: Computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7

Computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7

I am having a problem with the Avast antivirus, that I have recently installed in my system. The issue is that the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7. All the other features, that is the normal scanning and other and components are working fine, without any problems. But, I want to enable the boot scan, which I guess is the most important feature of this antivirus. because of boot scan, I decided to use Avast antivirus. So, kindly provide the solutions to this problem soon.

Re: Computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7

The issue that the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7 may be because that particular feature of the antivirus may not be compatible with the operating system. You get such issues if you may have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system from an old version. To get rid of this issue, you will have to do a clean install of Windows 7.

I suppose that you are not using the latest version of the antivirus because of which the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7. The newer versions of all the softwares that are being released are seen to work fine in the Windows 7 operating system. So, I suggest that you must search for the latest version of Avast and try doing the boot scan. Your problem will be hopefully solved.

According to me, you should run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system to check why you are having the problem that the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7. This will help you to know if this problem is caused because the antivirus is incompatible with the operating system or some other issue. If it shows that the antivirus is incompatible, then better look out for the alternatives for the same.

If the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7, then quit using Avast antivirus. The Quick Heal antivirus also provides the same feature of boot scanning. But, remember to use the latest version of this antivirus, so that you will not have any such issues while using that antivirus. This antivirus also has a built-in firewall and it can also repair the corrupted files in the system.

Search for the compatibility tool for Avast antivirus if the computer hangs while enabling a Boot Scan in Windows 7. The main reason for this problem is the incompatibility problem of this software with the antivirus. So, the compatibility tool is the best solution to get rid of the problem. You will have to remember to install this tool before the antivirus is installed in the system. That means that you will have to uninstall the antivirus first.