Thread: How to run a .bat file on a mac?

How to run a .bat file on a mac?

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I recently bought a cool new MacBook pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. I don't know very much about it. I want to run a .bat file on a mac. As I don't know very much about can anyone tell me How to run a .bat file on a mac? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: How to run a .bat file on a mac?

Hey as per my information you can not run .bat file on a mac. This is because Mac's does not have program which is similar to CMD.exe program. In case if you download such kind of code then you have to change the properties of it. I think batch files is only able to run in cmd.exe and that's why it is not possible to it to run in the Mac. You can set up shell script in the Terminal application, which is work similar to batch file.

I think you must use Boxer to do this, because as per my information .bat file doesn't require Windows. Boxer plays MS-DOS games on your Mac. It’s based on the robust DOSBox emulator, with a lot of magic sprinkled on top. Run DOS programs from Finder. Wrap your games into tidy gameboxes that launch like Mac apps. Painlessly install games from CD—then bundle the CD with your game so you don't even need it in the drive.

Hey it is totally depend your OS that you are using. It means that, if you are running Mac OS 9 or lower then you can not execute a batch file, but if you are running Mac OS X then you can run batch file. You have to just put all the command in the one text file and after that you have to give it proper name. After this type ./[name of file] to execute. You have to transfer the batch file to OSX shell commands.

As per my information IDL files are called as Interface Definition Files which are used to COM programming and that's why there is no need to conver them. In this case you have to rewrite all the .bat files. Due to there nature, you can not just convert them or rename them. This is because they are contain DOS commands which is not understand by Unix.

As per my information you can not just convert DOS batch files to UNIX, in this case you have to first rewrite them. I think DOS paths are completely different from the UNIX. I think you have to runs the Java compiler to fix this problem. This will automatically compile the Address Book Java app. To do this you have to NetBeans and after this try to compile it.