Thread: Install all .deb packages from CD

Install all .deb packages from CD

Hello,
    I see a mirror that is 13 CD ISO for Debian. On the other hand, we must add the lines of direction in the sources.list file. As packages have dependencies, you must have all the CDs copied to disk. For now I created a directory / debs and I copy everything down, then I put a line:
    Code:
    deb file: [/ debs] stable main
    in "sources.list". But when I try "# apt-get install MySQLServer" I only get messages like what it lacks lots of dependencies. As I have debs mysql4 and mysql5 other. So, how to I install packages from the CD. If you guys have nay idea about how to do this, then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Install all .deb packages from CD

Hello,
    Why do you copy the CD onto the hard drive? If you have CDs, apt-get, aptitude or synaptic you require the insertion of the appropriate CD when installations packages. So initially, erases your directory / debs that you will make room. Then empty the contents of your / etc / apt / sources.list. Finally, use the command apt-cdrom apt to scan your CD and puts his basic package available to date. I think this should work fine.

Hello,
    I am facing a similar kind of a problem. I hit apt-cdrom, I have an options screen, I do not see how to use it. But when I tried to install mysql 4 with dpkg, I saw it first had to install libc6, then I looked at all. Debs from cdrom 1 Debian, libc6 have not found it, I concluded that he had a copy of max debs in the same root.

Hello,
    If you want an automatic gestinodes dependencies does not use dpkg. Use "apt-get install name-of-package" (or better 'aptitude install'). Automatically you will copy .deb in a cache on disk (for info in / var / cache / apt / archives, but you did not touch ay) and dependencies. So, clears your directory / debs, record your CD with apt-cdrom, then tries to install software with the command:
    Code:
    aptitude install-name package

Hello,
    I tried "apt-get install mysql", as "mysql-server", as "mysql-client", but I have a message:
    Code:
    E: Package mysql has no installation candidate
    In addition I have no ability, he should be in a package, then I turn around. It must come from my distrib, I found in "Practice Log", apparently they have disappeared from the landscape.

Re: install debian packages

Hi,
    I do not understand is where it finds the package name from the name of debs. I am sure I have all the debs for mysql 4, but apt-get asked me the name of the package. Perhaps there is a web page with the names of Debian packages? At a time Debian told me to do
    Code:
    apt-get-f install
    just when I had the CD 1 in the drive, then I managed to install mysql-client, but not the full sql set up. Any help is appreciated.