Thread: Snow Leopard - PlugSuit Agent problem

Snow Leopard - PlugSuit Agent problem

Hello to all,
    I have recently installed Snow Leopard on my 2.16GHz MacBook Pro. It don't had any problem until last week. From last week whenever I tried to open any program, a small dialogue box opens and asked for password to allow PlugSuit Agent.app to make changes. If I close this application, after some times it again reopen. I never had such type of problem. I don't know why I get PlugSuit Agent problem in Snow Leopard. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Last edited by Madaleno; 16-03-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Re: Snow Leopard - PlugSuit Agent problem

Current versions of PlugSuit are incompatible with Mac OS X 10.6 ("Snow Leopard"), producing annoying password prompts. It is recommended that you disable and uninstall these versions of PlugSuit on 10.6. If you were using PlugSuit just to load Afloat, you can also upgrade your Afloat installation to fix this problem.
    This is the process to remove PlugSuit by updating to a more recent version of Afloat

* Move the password prompt window aside.
    * Download the Afloat Snow Leopard Pack at the Afloat home page.
    * Install the pack.

The password prompt should disappear during installation. If it doesn't, click Cancel to close it.

As per my information you have to remove PlugSuit from your computer to fix this problem. You can uninstall PlugSuit in the following ways.
    1. Redownload the PlugSuit installer application. You can download this at here.
    2. In the Installer's main window, click Remove, then Remove PlugSuit.
    That's it.

If you were using PlugSuit just to load Afloat then there is no need to remove PlugSuit from your computer. You have to just disable it to fix this problem. You can temporarily disable PlugSuit in the following ways.
    * Move the password prompt window aside.
    * From the menu at the top left of the screen, choose System Preferences.
    * Choose the PlugSuit preference pane, then confirm restarting System Preferences to show the pane.
    * Click the Disable button. (Note : If the button says Enable instead, click it, then click it again once it becomes Disable.)
    * Return to the password prompt window, and choose Cancel. Password prompts should no longer appear.
    Last edited by jesse; 16-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.

I haven't get such type of problem. Plugsuit is perfectly work with my snow leopard. You have to add every application in excluded applications when you asked to enter new password. Remember that you can not use quicktime for aflout plugin. After this it will asked for password at only once.
    I hope my suggestion will help you.