Thread: Installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7

Installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7

I have upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system recently. The situation that I am facing in my computer is that the installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7. I am using Windows 7 from almost a month and I am facing this problem from a couple of days ago. My system has 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. That is, this is not a problem of low system resources. So, please help me in this situation.

Re: Installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7

The problem of installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7 is not only the issue of the low system resources. It is also possible that there is some infection in your system. I suggest you to scan the system with the help of the AVG antivirus, since this is compatible with Windows 7 and it is also recommended for the deletion of infections like trojans, worms and other virus too.

May be you are running many additional applications and programs in the background of the installation process. I was facing a similar issue in my system too, that is with Windows Vista. So, if the installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7, then I suggest you to start the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and end all the unnecessary processes.

Dr. V Guest

The installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7 is surely the problem of the operating system. This operating system uses a lot of system resources because of its built-in gadgets as well as the graphical theme that it provides. I suggest you to stop all those built-in gadgets that you have started in Windows 7 as well as switch to the Aero theme. This will solve the issue.

Due to issues like the installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7, it is advised by many of the experts that the installation or upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system must be avoided. As you have experienced that Windows 7 uses a lot of graphics memory because of which it is slowing up the processes of the system. The main reason is that Windows 7 is incompatible with many of the softwares and applications.

First boot scan the system with the help of the latest version of the Quick Heal antivirus. This scan will take place as soon as the system is restarted and will start before the operating system loads. That is it is capable of removing all the infections from the system, as they remain inactive at this time because they are not able to execute before the startup of the operating system. When the infections are removed, automatically the problems of the installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7 will also be solved as it also repairs the corrupted files too.

jwalter Guest

The reason of the slow installation of the application in Windows 7 would be due to the infected system. This is the problem that many have been facing in my area too. First of all I would recommend you to check if you have the adequate resources to run Windows 7 efficiently and secondly it would also depend on the application that you currently installing. The last and the most important thing would be to close any application before you start installing any application.

The only solution to this would be to try reinstalling Windows 7.

Installation of any programs are slow in Windows 7

Thank you for replying me i will try to do the steps which you had mentioned, after reinstalling my Windows 7 if i still get any message then i will reply back to this thread

Here's a problem!

I built a machine last year getting parts at Tiger Direct. All was good!

I7-975 extreme cpu,
    Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard
    12GB triple channel OCZ Reaper RAM,
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 Crossfire 2GB video
    1600 watt Ultra PS

My machine was running great for a year, I started having problems installing software. It took 1-2 days to install anything big, Skype took 6-8 hours to install. Also once it was installed, the software would have errors or just not run.

I tried multiple virus scans and no virus was detected.

I spent 30 plus hours with Microsoft tech support all the way up to level 3.

Reinstalled the OS many times, found the harddrive had some errors, got a new hard drive, reinstalled the OS, same problem. MS says it must be the motherboard.

So I contact Asus, spend 20 hours with there tech support, testing ram, etc. They say send the MB back to us for repair. I Sent it in, got it back 3 weeks later, same problem.

Called them up and now they say it could be the CPU or the power supply?

"elementary my dear Watson" That's the only thing I haven't replaced or had repaired!

Intel has a CPU diagnostic tool, it has been installing for the past couple hours, maybe it will be ready tomorrow, hope it runs?

Thanks for listening!

Hi gary,

To eliminate the slow response, first off try to disable the Marvell controller, if you are not using it. Also, enable QuickBoot in the Boot menu and disable Full Screen Logo. Additionally, USB devices can take awhile to be recognized during POST. If want a fast boot, have as few of them connected as you can. Also, back in the BIOS, navigate to the Advanced Tab > Onboard Devices Configuration > JMicron ESata/PATA Controller > and note what the Controller mode is set to (IDE - AHCI - or RAID) and post back. Once again, don't make any changes to the BIOS at this time.