Thread: Unable to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9

Unable to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from last week. I unable to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9. I don't what is the problem. I tried various method, but none of them worked out. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Unable to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9

Where are you living? If you are living outside of UK then it will not be able to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9, because BBC iPlayer is only provided in UK. It means that you cannot use BBC iPlayer if you are are outside of UK. I think they are track your IP address so that you can not use BBC iPlayer if you are outside of UK.

It seems that you don't have administrator privileges and that's why you are getting such type of problem. To download and install BBC iPlayer in your computer, you need to have administrator privileges otherwise you will not bale to get BBC iPlayer on your PC. I think BBC iPlayer Desktop is powered by Adobe Integrated Runtime. When you install BBC iPlayer in your computer, you also have to install the Adobe Air components.

If you are in UK and if you still get the same problem, then you have to use following information.
    Sometimes even though you're in the UK, it's possible you may see a message saying you're not. This could be because your computer is on a foreign-based network, or is routed overseas (sometimes the case with work connections if your employer is not UK-based). Some programs, such as web accelerators, can cause your IP address to appear as if it is outside the UK.

If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your IP address at all, then you won't be able to stream or download programmes.

Occasionally it may simply be a network error, so it's worth closing your browser or router and reopening as a new IP address is allocated which may be UK-based.

Our Geo-IP technology system recognises IP addresses provided by UK-based internet service providers (ISPs). If BBC iPlayer doesn't recognise your address, you must contact your ISP as they alone can register your address.

If your ISP has registered with the appropriate databases, our servers are updated on a regular basis so you will have to wait until the next refresh to gain access.

BBC iPlayer Desktop is powered by Adobe Air (Adobe Integrated Runtime). When you install BBC iPlayer Desktop you also install the Adobe Air components.
    1. On the programme's page, select the Download button then click on the To computer option. You can also visit the Install BBC iPlayer Desktop page.
    2.The installation page will appear with simple instructions on how to install BBC iPlayer Desktop. Click the Install BBC iPlayer Desktop button to start the process.
    3. Install Adobe Air and follow the instructions.
    4. Click Install when the Application Install prompt appears.
    5.Select where you want to install BBC iPlayer Desktop and click Continue.
    6.After accepting the End User Licence Agreement, you'll be asked for your password.
    7.BBC iPlayer Desktop is now installed.

I also had the same problem. I tried to uninstall and remove it using AppCleaner but nothing happened. Then one day I use following steps and I able to solve this problem.
    First you have to uninstall iPlayer Desktop using AppCleaner -> then you have to delete the following directory:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR
    After this you will able to download BBC iPlayer in Mac OSX 10.3.9.