Thread: What is ACRORD32INFO.EXE?

What is ACRORD32INFO.EXE?

Many times i have seen one process in the task bar which consumes so much of my CPU. I just want to know that what is ACRORD32INFO.EXE? Even i have killed this process for many time but it again creates itself. I do not know how to deal with it. I though it would be a virus but not even my anti virus software says anything about it. Can anybody tell me what exactly it does?

Acrord32info.exe

Actually ACRORD32INFO.EXE is a process created by the Adobe Acrobat Reader. It has been created when you hover the mouse over a PDF file in Windows Explorer, My Computer, or over a PDF email attachment. Purpose of this process is to add the PDF tab to the Properties sheet of a PDF file. This process also gets killed automatically after some time.

Re: What is ACRORD32INFO.EXE?

ACRORD32INFO.EXE is process which will be created on hovering of the mouse on PDF files. If you want to end this process then you just do not have to do anything as it will be ended automatically after some time when you stop hovering your mouse. The behavior of this process is not at all harmful but it takes some of the CPU usage unnecessarily. I suggest you to leave this process alone to kill it and continue with your work.

Dr. V Guest

ACRORD32INFO.EXE is not a virus.

When your computer's performance gets low then it might be happening because of the ACRORD32INFO.EXE. It is a non-essential process which should not be killed unless it causes some serious problems. This process will not be caught by any anti virus software as it is not a malicious process. It just consumes your CPU's performance but it gets terminated automatically after some time.

Behavior of ACRORD32INFO.EXE.

If your taskbar manager is running any process like ACRORD32INFO.EXE then it would be behaving like followings.
    1. Executes a Process.
    2. Registers a Dynamic Link Library File.
    3. Writes to another Process's Virtual Memory (Process Hijacking).
    4. Makes outbound connections to other computers using NETBIOSOUT protocols.
    5. Can communicate with other computer systems using HTTP protocols.
    6. The process hooks code into all running processes which could allow it to take control of the system or record keyboard input, mouse activity and screen contents.
    7. Reads your outlook address book.
    8. This Process Deletes Other Processes From Disk.
    9. Adds products to the system registry.
    10. Creates new file extentions so that Internet Explorer will automatically open and potentially execute additional file types.
    11. Checks for the use of debuggers.
    12. The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process.
    13. Found on infected systems and resists interrogation by security products.
    14. This process creates other processes on disk.
    15. This Process is a file infector which modifies program files to include a copy of the infection.