Thread: Windows 7 is taking forever to install

Windows 7 is taking forever to install

Hello everyone, I am currently using Windows Vista operating system and I have decided of creating a dual boot system with Windows 7 as the operating system. But, the problem that I am facing while I try to install the operating system in another drive in my system is that Windows 7 is taking forever to install. I do not understand why this problem is happening. If anyone can suggest any solutions, kindly reply soon.

Re: Windows 7 is taking forever to install

Hello there, I think that your computer does not have the necessary configuration for Windows 7 to install. This may be the reason why Windows 7 is taking forever to install. Check out the thread that is given below, that contains the system requirements for Windows 7 operating system and you can get an idea of the problem that you are facing:
    Windows 7 system requirements

The features of Windows 7 are similar to Windows Vista. So, let it be if Windows 7 is taking forever to install. That is my suggestion is to quit installation to Windows 7 operating system. This operating system has many incompatibility issues with the applications, softwares and programs that used to run fine in the previous versions of the Windows operating systems.

It is possible that the setup of the Windows 7 operating system must be corrupt because of which Windows 7 is taking forever to install. This happens when the same disc or setup is used for a long period of time. You must try installing the same from a different setup and your problem will be hopefully solved. You can use the compatibility mode if you find any problems with the softwares and applications in Windows 7.

It is true that the experts have recommended that the Windows 7 operating system should be avoided. Here are the reasons why Windows 7 must not be installed:
    1. Windows 7 is very much similar to Windows Vista.
    2. There are no problems with XP and Vista.
    3. Windows 7 is built on the same old infrastructure.
    4. After all, Windows remains a closed system

So, if Windows 7 is taking forever to install, then I suggest you to quit the installation.

The fact is that Windows 7 takes only 15-20 minutes to install in any system. So, if Windows 7 is taking forever to install, then try to flashing the BIOS with the newer firmware, if it is available. Sometimes, the installation of the Windows 7 operating system cannot be done, unless you do a clean install of the operating system. You will have to figure out the actual cause of the problem and then, specify it and then, I will be able to provide some solution.