Thread: Problem with fonts in fedora

Problem with fonts in fedora

Hello,
    There are certain things that I have not yet mastered on fedora
    such dual display with the drivers / new / and / tdfx /. This is because I am new to linux operating system. After grub, the display is in 794, then there is a change, and the display is over 794. I am trying to change the font of the operating system but I am confused or I do not know the correct procedure to it. If you have any idea of how to fix this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with fonts in fedora

Hello,
    Try the following commands
    Code:
    # Yum search fonts
    And this
    Code:
    # Yum install "* font *"
    Maybe xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-*. noarch you're looking for? Have you installed this package during the installation, if not then do not worry you can install it now. Could there be a more complete description of the current incident? It would be ease to solve your problem.

Hello,
    Even I am trying to change the fonts in fedora operating system but I do not know how to do that, And as you said, this does not work
    Code:
    yum search xorg-x11-fonts-ISO *
    No match found
    This is what I get and then install the fonts. Install all the fonts? Perhaps not, I copied the list of research yum search fonts, I'll probably remove those that do not interest me at all, and install other. If you have an alternate solution for this then it would be great.

Hello,
    See the code below
    Code:
    # Xterm
    Warning: Can not convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
    xterm: can not load font-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed - 13-120-75-75-c-60-iso10646 -
    Installing xorg-x11-fonts-* ISO has not changed unfortunately. (Note that your search does not go far because the search looks in description not in the name. should be used list to search names). I'm curious ... I will try to find it or just. I'll post if I find that I have a little time. By cons, leaving a message here if you find, then post back.

Hello,
    I installed all the fonts available (except the ones I wanted to do), but once, so I do not know one that has solved the problem with xterm. But the fonts that I wanted to installed are not there in my operating system. If you have any other alternate solution for this then please do post back I am the interested one here. Or if you know about any software which installs the fonts in the operating system, then please let me know. Thanks in advance.