Thread: Windows 7 resolution problem on an older system

Windows 7 resolution problem on an older system

I am using an Acer desktop from last two years which is installed with an Acer LCD 21'' monitor. I was using the windows XP initially but now i have upgraded my system to windows 7. The problem is that i can go up to 1024x768. Everything seems quiet bigger. Can anyone help me to solve this Windows 7 resolution problem on my older system.

Re: Windows 7 resolution problem on an older system

First of all i would like to know the configuration of your system you have not mentioned that in your query i would help you in a more better way if you can provide me the configuration of your system. Also do not forget to mention the whether you have tried to use 'Create Custom Resolution' in your post.

Thanks for replying me let me make it clear i was using 1280x768 screen resolution on my 21 '' Acer Monitor with windows XP as my operating system. But on windows 7 i can use only 1680X1050 which is recommended by the windows 7 operating system itself hope you got my point please help.

OKAY i got the point , I think that you are using the Nvidia card and hence the windows 7 operating system will install the required drivers automatically. I think that you should try the "Create Custom Resolution" utility. In order to create a custom resolution by yourself manually. Hope this will help you.

To get rid of this problem i will suggest you to type DXdiag in the run box within the start menu and then press Enter. This will give you a listing of different hardware present on your system. Also you have not specified whether you are using a 32 or 64 bit windows 7. Also try to mention the display adapter .

I faced the similar problems with my system and i too tried a lot of procedures in order to get rid of this problem i even tried to create a custom resolution on my own but after creating when i tried to apply it. I got an error so finally i changed my lcd monitor and this did the trick i replaced my old acer monitor with a new one and this solved my problem.