Thread: Different ways of using search in windows 7

Different ways of using search in windows 7

I am not able to find a file which I edited last night. This file consists of some important address. I am not sure that where I had kept the files. I want to know how to use windows 7 search options. How I perform an advance search on it. Also where can I use all this options. Like the same can be used in mailing also. What type of files can be searched.

Re: Different ways of using search in windows 7

In the Windows Search now it presents you with various way by which you can find the files and the folder which you are not getting. The methods you are going to use can differ to the situation. If you desire to execute a common Search a good place is that you can use the search box for finding which you can use it from the start menu. If you are searching for the files like pictures, documents and many others for this you can see the specific folder, and you can also find the Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos.

It is not that you can search the files and folder from the main location, now you can search it from the Libraries folder and also from the sub-folder. You can see the search box in each of the folder at the top of their window. The procedure is also similar in the libraries Search box. Just like as you are using the start menu search box. The search box which you have in the start menu is used to find the files and the folder from the whole computer.

You have to keep in mind that the search which you are doing, are searched to their text file name. For the search it finds the file, tags and the other file possessions. If you are searching anything from the search menu it will only show the text results. Most of the files are mechanically indexed. For illustration you can find all the data, documents, and the library is mechanically indexed.

The file which you have made and you are not getting and you are searching for it. Then it may be in the particular folder. Like as Documents or Pictures, it is not that it will in the main folder it can be also be in the sub-folder which may cause you the problem in finding the files. As you may be having a number of folders and the sub-folder in one main folder like in library. If you want to find the file of the library, then it will be best to use the search box of the library through which you can get it very fast.

You want to find the photo, which you had taken in the trip of the office. Which you have downloaded on your computer. And now you are not getting it. To find the missing folder you can use the following steps. You have to go to the start menu and then click the start menu you can see the search box. In the search box you have to type the name of the folder. You can see the result of it. It take about 2 minutes to find that folder. If you find more than one option then you have to click on Show More results.