Thread: Mount Windows hard disk on Mac?

Mount Windows hard disk on Mac?

Hello!

The motherboard of my pc is dead! okay I'm under mac for some time ... but not my friend ... I want to mount the hard drive on my mac pc by fire wire! you tell me until then .... simpler C drive but use it with bootcamp, see above install bootcamp to get a lot of give in? is this possible?

Goal: get 4 years of work in Outlook and transfer them to mac. I saw some discussion but no real concrete answers to this issue!

please help.

Re: Mount Windows hard disk on Mac?

According my knowledge about bootcamp its not possible.

If your disk is FAT32 you can easily recover your data manually, if it is NTFS, you will have to install NTFS 3G.

NTFS-3G is a stable, read/write NTFS driver for Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris, QNX, Haiku, and other commercial operating systems. It provides safe handling of the Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 NTFS file systems.

I understood what you mean! which suits me not necessarily to retrieve some data "encoded" in Windows XP.

If I install bootcamp, I will t it possible to start the windows of my HD? to make the necessary export? In any case thank you for the quick response

Not preparing a Bootcamp partition on the same bootable disk as Mac OS to accommodate Windows.

It can not settle for a share on an external drive, and secondly, even if it would (it is possible with some hacks), it formats the partition to prepare for you're installing Windows.

You can not "install" Boot Camp on a disk as you install an application. Boot Camp is not a typical software. Wizard Boot Camp, first, takes care to partition your disk to install Windows. Then change the startup code enables your Mac to boot Windows. And finally, Apple provides optional drivers for peripherals on Windows. The sum of all that is called Boot Camp.

Therefore, you can not install Boot Camp on an external drive with Windows, since there is nothing to install (except for drivers under Windows, but it will not help you do start).

You can access read-only, without installing third, data from an NTFS disk from Mac OS. However, this may not be enough if action is required from the Windows side.

VMware Fusion 3 (and probably its demo) allows a disk based virtual machine on a physical disk. I am currently testing the possibilities, it works well, I said how I did.