Thread: Snow leopard comparison with windows 7

Snow leopard comparison with windows 7

Hi,
    How can I calculate the difference of windows 7 on snow leopard. I had worked on both the operating systems. I had found mac a quiet secure and easy to use. So before getting PC for me I am searching for best features and comparison between windows 7 and snow leopard. I need some possible features of the same.

Re: Snow leopard comparison with windows 7

Windows 7 builds upon Windows Vista and horizontal out Vista’s rough spots, though it also brings a integer of new end-user characteristics to the table (such as the re-worked taskbar). Meanwhile, Apple’s had center of attention with Snow Leopard generally involves new under-the-hood technologies with subtle refinements and fixes. But there is prosperity to say about how Apple’s next big cat and Microsoft’s lucky number stack up against each other.

Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have conspicuously easy interfaces, both have fast search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is possible and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars giving you simply access to several general locations on your computer. Windows 7 bring in a new characteristic to the mix, the Libraries. A library is best defined as a way to view the contents of several folders all in one place.

Nothing in Snow Leopard unswervingly evaluates with Windows' libraries. The neighboring OS X characteristic is saved searches (known as Smart Folders), but a saved search pulls mutually files based on search criteria, not position. You cannot, for example, generate a smart folder containing all photos from only two folders. On the other hand, Windows 7 libraries cannot be mutual with saved search results.

Equally Snow Leopard and Windows 7 permit a huge icon view. Windows 7 sustain and maintain icons up to 256-by-256 pixels. Snow Leopard one-ups Windows 7, though—the Finder can display icons up to a seemingly absurd 512-by-512 pixels (512-pixel icons were approximately in 10.5, but the Finder could not take benefit of them outside of fast view and Cover Flow view).

A number of OS X apps can use the Docks pop-up menus to display request or submission-detailed information in sequence and provide simple access to commonly used commands and controls. If you want an example then you have to right-click iTunes’ in the Snow Leopard from the Dock icon after that you will get a menu that lets you to view what’s playing, play, pause or stop your music, allocate a rating to the present song, and control other simple iTunes commands.